Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka?

Aggregator gang
Btw,I just saw the anime trailer, and I am not very optimistic about it. Some of the 3D are not very good (including the dragon), and they retook the character design of the MC from the novel, which is not very good IMO. The chara design of the manga is a lot better (and I started reading the novel) (No seriously, the 6 other eyes are way too different from the main ones and she has a sort of muzzle)

Banned
@Milkshake pretty heavy spoiling.
Kumoko is originally a house spider inside the otherworlders classroom, she was saved by the teacher from other students. So she still have some hatred for the other humans (classmates). She also got transported to another world because she is also inside the room. then got implanted by Mysterious God D some falls memories.

seems like it's ~2-3 weeks between releases, which is excellent.

[CONTAINS PREVIOUS CHAPTER]
the killing spree started out initially as her trying to intimidate them but *accidentally* killing the majority of them due to her underestimating how weak they were. she wasn't planning to kill them, but just wanted to stand her ground and scare them off rather than hide from them as they destroy her home again and meekly rebuild.
once the soldiers dropped like flies, however, she realized there was no reason to waste her breath trying to communicate, and ((her thoughts)) THEY were the ones who burned HER home, she has a RIGHT to be mad with them! she wasn't trying to justify jumping straight into a killing spree from the getgo, she was trying to justify attacking the two magic users she deemed responsible and preventing their escape. (and to avoid the blame about the accident.)

Contributor
My impression from some of the comments is that the manga is doing a pretty good job of smoothing over a much more edgy grimdark sudden about-face that the original source material did, using humour and small differences in the facts of the events.

But it feels like we're still on the brink of teetering into not-fun-to-read-anymore territory. I wonder if cute spider pictures and sleight-of-hand will continue to be able to keep this afloat, or whether it's doomed to slip further and further into feel-bad sociopathy.

@Pokari
I'm also excited to see what the mangaka will do to "smooth" the post-Labyrinth story. It will be
a very difficult thing to do, I mean the story is definitely not Berserk levels of dark (at least not all the time) but is too far from the usual slice of life/comedy of most isekais.

The manga has been on publication for more than 3 years and is finally ending the Prologue of the story, a new world will open to Kumoko and a lot of things are going to happen (most of them not very good to her) but trust me, what's next is pure gold. Even on short term, in my opinion Alaba's fight is one of the best of all the story.

Thinking of reading the LN ? So should I start from the beginning or start where the last chapter presumably left off in the LN ?

I just thought of something... if she were to attack herself with any of her abilities or new magic, would she be able to build resistance to them? If she could, she'd hit two birds with one stone, unless she goes overboard and uses too much hp and mp.

She can't build resistance, she needs to suffer a descent amount of damage by some time to gain a resistance..

When Ronaldt back to learn magic with her when she is an Arachne he understands what she did to grow magic and try doing it, so he lerns that to increase his magic he needs to use the spels on him, also gaining resistance to them... it was funny...

Sigh, next chapter in April. Almost want to go back to reading the LN but the translations are painful to read.

Group Leader
@aumakua Do you have a patreon page? I really love your work and want to contribute to future releases. Not a lot but I am sure there are other than me who would contribute as well.

@DerpyDragon
@hansvz
IIRC, it was stated in (at least) the WN that casting magic builds both the attack and the resistance (your own spell doesn't need to damage you). IIRC, in the manga chapter where she was attacked by the Kirecock (the bird) and the Suiten (puffer fish), she killed the wind user as soon as she learned its Wind Magic, which would give her resistance at the same time (she initially received its the attack to try to get the resistance). I think the "being damaged to acquire / level up the resistance" only applies to magic cast on you by someone/thing else.

Users who are viewing this thread