Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka?

Aggregator gang
Now, that's how you do Isekai.

The weakest point of this manga would be the story. It's pretty much non-existent so far, but in the last chapters we've received a few glimpses of what's going on.
There are, so far, only 2 actual characters and by that I mean characters that appeared in more than one chapter. And both are interesting, even tho we dont know much about
D
Art's decent, nothing to write home about. I'd have liked to have a "realistic" drawing of her body at least once. I guess it would change the tone of the story if the author did that, or even ruin the characterization so ye, idk.

Now, what makes this manga better than 90% of the other isekais?
The scale of power.
In most Isekais, the main character received an insane bonus right from the start and simply steamrolls the story. Which obviously, ruins any kind of urgency the author could try to instill in our minds.
Here, well the main character starts off very weak, and we are quickly shown how huge the scale is.
Obviously, since the MC is the MC, she receives numerous insane bonuses, but it's not too much at once. She never gets to a point that it makes the fights completly pointless. And although a few of them are kind of deus ex machinas, most of the time, there's a bit of foreshadowing, which is nice.
Also, the monsters around her also scale, even if it's only a tiny bit. I just wish it had an impact at some point, instead of just having her think "Now, i gotta end this quick" and she just ends it quick.

I gave it an 8/10. I usually dont like it when there's no story, but the main character's very likeable, the pacing is very good, the combats and overall design of the world are good too. It's just great all-around.
Let's hope the story will pick up, and maybe that the art improves a bit. Although it's "unique" enough, so I wont complain.
Spider Isekai>>>>Slime Isekai

@Shlomosuke If the lack of story is what's bothering you, may I suggest reading the Light Novel? Just like in Overlord, the story actually follows several characters at once and gives us glimpses of the overarching narrative. The beginning is still a tad slow with the other characters mostly serving to establish some world-building and set-ups you can't get inside the cave, but you wouldn't have to wait that long for the story to actually start. The manga reduced those parts to a few bonus chapters in the physical releases which sadly aren't on this site, but even then it hasn't covered as much as it should at this point of the story.
Also the LN does have a more ''realistic'' design for the protagonist (
here's Zoa Ele for reference: https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/kumo-desu-ga-nani-ka/images/3/34/Zoe_Ele_Sheet.png/revision/latest?cb=20180816193319
), though I guess it wouldn't work as well in a visual medium since she's not as cutesy, but on the other hand it fits more the Dark Fantasy style.
Alternatively you can keep reading the manga, since we're now getting close to the part where the plot kicks off full-time for our little spider, but then again the anime is coming out and it seems like it'll cover those parts with the other characters, so take your pick really.

I really like manga with evolution mechanics for the Mc who’s a non humanoid monster. There aren’t many good ones tho.

By the look of things here, the anime will have a quite different styles, and It looks weird (the anime) honestly

@CrynoZephyr To be fair, the anime is lined up to use the style of the light novel (it's the source material after all), 3D not withstanding. The manga is the one that decided to have a different style from the rest.

New chapters be like: "Move along, nothing to see here! Just some foreshadowing and summary."

Anyone notice starting from volume 2 cover on. The even number volumes had winter style cloths and the odd number summer style cloths?

Those of us who come from the novel:
"ah, elves. Remove elf. Angry. Angry about elves. Kill 'em all, let not one of those cockroaches survive."
which is great because thats how I normally feel about Fantasy elves.

CAN'T WAIT FOR THE NEXT CHAPTER!!!

I really want to know who are the new parallel wills(LOL)

ok one question iam rereading it right now and y the fuck is she in trouble even with immortality she literally cant die so she can be annoyed buy attacks but isnt in real danger

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

@xeno77
Just because she can't die doesn't mean she can't be grinded, eaten, pummeled, crushed, etc. In fact it's probably even worse because she'll be alive and conscious during the entire process. Immortality doesn't mean invulnerability.

Users who are viewing this thread