Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka?

Legit mad about what anime is doing, gave up after introduction of teacher and some classmates and classic round of lolicon/incest jokes

she has pain nullification so she cant feel it
she can get trapped but she can teleport so...

Double-page supporter
Uff well cant help it much with the director of Berserk 2016 and CGI abundance. Is pretty much a trainwreck for me with all the changes and animation.

My friend i watched with found it to be fine, but she watches more anime and doesnt really read. I rarely do and read stuff mostly, so might be just me.

Well its a smaller fun series, so that it got an anime at all is more than i expected. Still got the Manga for some fun read.

Dex-chan lover
The anime is perfectly fine so far, hold off your judgments until later.

I really like the anime so far!! and the ending is so chaotic I love it haha. I don't really care about the CGI I like it so far and the animation is super smooth on the non-cgi parts. I just hope they don't put too much time on the other reincarnators in that castle. I really could care less about the others like I want to see my spider grow lol.

First episode anime is hilarious i hope it continues being good.Will try reading the manga now.

If anime watchers are coming here, just note the anime follows more closely to the light novel instead of manga. The manga cuts off the human perspective of Kumoko's classmates so yeah. (They're pretty important for some revelations and the biggest twists of the series even if they seem plain. Don't really think the manga will even make those plot points work anymore)

Can any WN or LN readers answer my questions

Should I read the WN or LN? Where would I continue if I wanted to read from this last chapter? Does the manga follow the WN or LN well or am I better off just starting over?

@anonbtw1738 beginners should always read the LN. The manga and anime follow more closely with the LN storyline. The WN branches off from the LN storyline quite a lot and the beginning is machine translated. The WN seems like a thing you should probably read once you've read the LN first.
The manga I say followed Kumoko's side well (though I like the LN tone better and for more details), the problem is the manga skipped the storyline that is told from the perspective of Kumoko's classmate Shun which made 40% of the LN. And the problem with that is...
(Pretty vague spoilers.)
―literally the most vital and foreshadowed and surprising twist of the story won't work, it can't at this point really.
The classmate storyline is meant to change your perspective on Kumoko's side which the twist is based on. Like for a scene a manga reader might go "Ah that's nice." but when a LN reader sees it with the context of the Shun storyline they're like "WTF??? HOLY SHIT IT MAKES SENSE."

I say read from the beginning but skim through the scenes the manga already adapted if you're bored of reading the same scenes. But be sure to read the chapters the manga cut. Also how the kumoko and shun chapters transition to one another helps give you some clues on certain information so skimming what you read for a refresher might be a good idea.

@xeno77
she has pain nullification so she cant feel it
she can get trapped but she can teleport so...
Regarding the second point,
if her physical brain is destroyed, she has no consciousness, and thus can't teleport; she can be ground to a pulp, and that pulp entombed and permanently crushed using Earth Magic, or thrown into the bottom of a lava pit, where her body can't regenerate at all while being continually incinerated... And that's not even getting into being killed by
Abyss Magic.

@CharlesDexterWard
by the rate she gets resistense to stuff she is gonna be immune to fire after a day or something cause she already has resistance against fire but not immunity and we already saw that her head is indestructible cause like everything was destroyed except her head so and thats not because she already regenerated it cause it took much more time for something of similar size
another thing I think she can still teleport cause she has multiple versions of her consciousness and they weren't affected by her getting obliterated (one of them is the one for magic ) so she shouldbe able to use teleport

Fed-Kun's army
Hey, if you’re here from the anime remember to read the light novel or the web novel since this adaption cuts out significant portions of the story. Love ya. The anime didn’t screw anything up, it’s just setting up the narrative a bit differently than the light novel to make the twists better.

@xeno77
No.
The speed with which you get or level up a skill is defined by the user compatibility with that skill or element.
Kumoko quickly got "Poison Resistance Level 2" because thanks to being a Spider she has a high affinity with Poison Themed skills.

Funny that you meantion "Fire".
The Taratects (spider monster) has the lowest possible affinity with Fire. Even the strongest Taratect in the world only has "Flame Resistance Level 4".
Note: Resistance skills are 2 tanked skills.
In case of fire is:
Fire -> Flame -> Immunity

Taratects have high affinity with "Poison and Dark" and low affinity with "Fire and Light". Also, they have a racial weakness against "Bee/Hornet" type monsters.

just going to say...Aoi Yuki being casted as kumo is the best thing the anime can do....her in hyper mode can raise up what seems to be a troubled (animation and perhaps some quality issues) production...if it wasn't for her I dont think I could have made it to the human section and see that there is more to the story than leveling up spider I dont hate the concept of the anime just wish it could have been less chaotic in animation quality

Users who are viewing this thread