Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka?

The LN suffers from kinda bad pacing, the first 100+ chapters are basically setting establishment and giving Shiraori character. The actual story only starts then. And it seems that at least the manga has failed to fix this issue. Shame, since the story is actually pretty damn great after it gets going, but many have probably already dropped it due to lol nothing happening.

why do they take so long to draw and polish up chapters? i get that it must be hard but do they keep getting bad results with the story? i doubt that it would take over 2 weeks to release 7 pages. also anyone know where i can read the
novel?

@Im_not_racist Try not to read the light novel . 1st few volumes are good but after that it becomes "eat>get abilities > fight this & that"
Manga is 100 times better than the original content. The Ln felt like a day to day life diary description of what kumo does .

Aggregator gang
@Nomenclature From the sounds of it, I think what you've read was the WN instead of the LN, no?

@Im_not_racist You can search it on the bookstore of your choice; Amazon, Kobo, Bookwalker, etc. If you want the pirated ones, well, Google is your friend.

@lotus_eater I'm sorry, what? If you're talking about "eat>get abilities > fight this & that", it only happens in the first few LN volumes which you can read a few weeks at most. After LN volume 5, there's no more grinding aspect, and her levels/stats would eventually become irrelevant after volume 7.

Okay not gonna lie, I thought this manga would be boring BUT ITS FUCKING GREAT EVEN IF THE MC IS A GIRL
Its a 10/10 for me DEFINETLY
I WANT MOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRR

@JustLimi
Web novels usually are just like first drafts of the story before there's a proper editor. Though with the series the web novel kinda goes off to be it's own thing and is gonna even have a different ending than the LN. Volume 6 and 7 are like over 90% original from the WN I believe, and they're like alternative universes with a similar core.
The LN also has cover art and black and white illustrations through the volumes, and we also have Fei as a more important character which is a nice addition. The LN also reads smoothly so the LN is a better experience for your first readthrough while you can read the WN after.

@Nomenclature

And it seems that at least the manga has failed to fix this issue. Shame, since the story is actually pretty damn great after it gets going, but many have probably already dropped it due to lol nothing happening.

Hold on, what the f do you mean "nothing happening"? Did you forget the monkey pit fight? The first entry in the lava level? The fight against motherfcking Alaba?! Just before beginning this arc, we left with a fight against Mother, the Queen Taratect.
This manga has some low moments, just like any manga, but saying that nothing's happening is a big exaggeration, maybe even lying.

@TheSoulSmith
I'm not talking about action. There certainly is a lot of it, but it's mostly meaningless "this happens, then this" type of an affair. The story truly becomes interesting once Shiraori no longer is just surviving, but rather becomes an actual actor in the world. Basically, with a few exceptions, like D's phone call and Shiraori figuring out a couple of important facts about the world based on the system, the Elroe labyrinth section is easily the weakest part of the story. It mostly appeals to people who like shounen-series type action, but there's very little meat to the content. Even then, some very important character development happens there so it's not like it can be skipped either.

Also Ariel is the bestest, most cutestest demon lord ever, and there's precious little of her in the intro section.

@Nomenclature
You may have not realized it, but you just spoiled right now. Not big because we already had clues about that, but still a bit.
You have to remember that the premise of the manga was clear for the first chapter: it was to follow Shiraori, trying to survive in this unknown and cruel world. Not more, not less. Now, as I said, they already were clues (or even obvious sign if you will) that she was gonna have a bigger part in this world (whether it's with D's phone call or the demon queen), but so far the story was still following the premise it began with.

It's clear from the start that the manga doesn't follow the same storytelling that the LN, which is good because it not a manga retranscription but a manga adaptation. That means that, in the process, some things were bound to be changed.
You're free to like the LN more, but if you were expecting the exact same story that the LN, just reread the LN directly.

Users who are viewing this thread