Kuro no Maou - Vol. 2 Ch. 9

Double-page supporter
In the manga adaptation they glossed over all the preparations and the alamo style defense of the town (the best part of this arc) only to keep the "it's edgy because named characters and cute monster girls get killed by gyagyagyadeusvult type 2bits villains" ?

As if I wasn't already fed up by the way the webnovel overabused this kind of cheap narrative trick before as it gets stale really quick..

And there will be a lot more of it later on, this novel at some part feel like an inquisitor/crusader/xenophobe wetdream, with main cast and characters the reader was made to emphacize with getting curbstomped again and again by templaty babling religious fanatics for being part of an "evil race" (with a lot of corpse desecration and massive racial cleansing of kids, toddlers, pregnant women, old people, villagers, etc... You know the usual doll half burned covered in blood dropped in the rubble of a destroyed town stuff, but with decapited, eviscerated and crucified people everywhere as a bonus visual, because it wasn't edgy enough for the author).

Dex-chan lover
@zenyo
which is exactly why I got sick of it
No real progress against the church; at least not for hundreds of chapters. And literally every single one of
his harem is yandere too. This is like Ubel Blatt but somehow is even more forgettable. It just drags it feet with
the atrocity aspect; we freaking get that the church is evil and needs to be destroyed. So start destroying it
already! I tired of Overlord because there was no challenge to him (at least not yet); and the reverse was true here.
At least in Berserk, Guts kills the shit out of Apostles, and in Re: Zero, the witch cult gets culled and their powers
absorbed megaman style. There needs to be at least some push-back. It's a shame, because I enjoy dark fantasy,
but the potential is wasted here.

Instrumentality Instigator
Staff
Super Moderator
@TetsuyaLP
Advocating for the death of someone is a serious violation of 5.1, Be Civil. We absolutely do not tolerate that kind of behavior on MD. Please take one day off from commenting and consider how to post your frustration more thoughtfully in the future.

Thanks,

Zeph

i see no one has done the deed yet, so i will do it

CRAAAAAWWWWLLLIIIIIIIINNNGGGG IIIINNNNNN MMMYYYYY SKKKIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNN

Dex-chan lover
"You inferior races can't even understand the absolute truth of the White God...he is racist!! Loves self-entitlement! Mental-wanks! And people with their head in their asses!!"

Fed-Kun's army
@papo41 oh shit,
so is she having a memory loss or being controlled or she knew all along what she was doing?

Group Leader
@Sheruff6
if I remember correctly, Her body is of a homunculus since she did all the brainwashing training, her mind is broken and she does not remember anything, but it seems that she unconsciously remembers him

So the church is a bunch of cookie cutter psychos? That's all? Kinda cheap for an antagonist of the story.

Dex-chan lover
should I say Deus Vult or Spanish inquisition ?
I was away from the scene for quite a while, I forgot .

Dex-chan lover
0181sam
bro i already forget what chapter that happened but apparently
from what the people said the crusdaer will happened on the kingdom/empire kurono was gathering his power and then he manage to defeat sariel there ?

Fed-Kun's army
@C3PO I wouldn't so much call them "cookie cutter psychos". I mean, the only thing scarier than a massive army at your door is a massive religious army. They're all fanatics/psychos that are worse than stubborn, because they think god or whatever form of higher power wants them to end everything that won't believe in what they believe in.

Users who are viewing this thread