Kuro no Shoukanshi

Dex-chan lover
So he gets an elf that has been in chains her whole life
3 weeks pass and she is stronger than most adventurers that have been doing it for decades
Ok

@coronad21

The OP thing is somewhat explained in the beginning as it is said he chose his own abilities, and recent chapters have shown he had a prior romantic relationship with the goddess (with there being many hints later on that he probably was never human to begin with and may be another God just having some fun).
On a personal level I'm pretty happy that for once an Isekai manga isnt spoon feeding us all the world information on a platter. A lot of Isekai have pages dedicated to Info Dumps on how things work and the political aspect to the point it bogs down the actual action and funner parts of the series. It's pretty obvious this series expects you to already get the gist of an Isekai story and focuses more on the battles and action instead of the politics most isekai delves in. At least that's my take on it.

i want them to have their own lives at the end of their quest, and not be in a harem. i want him to only be with goddess waifu. 😃

@PsychJing He's an edgelord, yeah, but he's likeable at least. There's a lot of other isekai MCs that are super edgelords and are about as likeable as stepping on a lego.

I'm a fan of his battle crazy tendencies, and the fun of getting stronger just to fight crazier battles. He'll probably help/save the heroes party at one point, or even fight the demon king because why not.

This'll sound dumb as hell, but what qualifies as edgelord these days?
When I was in HS it was the small club of people in the vampire: the masq LARP club who literally roleplayed their actual lives like it was the game. I've seen people say edgelord on here recently but only after this manga have I realized I actually don't get it.
I tried googling it but it seems the term has changed pretty rapidly.

Forgive me for asking, but what makes this mc 'edgelord'? Are battle maniacs edgelords ? I was under the impression it was like a mental state or behavior.

@Scynix I've pretty much always understood edgelord to mean: someone that tests, either purposefully or subconsciously, what is/isn't acceptable by the norms of their peers/society. Often this means expressing emotions/opinions and/or taking actions that result in conflict, especially with members of a group to which the edgelord belongs.

A lot of tropes frequently accompany edgelord characters, but they don't make them any more or less of an edgelord. Examples include: brooding/dark protagonist/anti-hero; the edgelord having a dark/traumatic past that serves as a justification for their behavior; the edgelord seems callous on the surface but they are actually motivated by a sincere kindness/interest in doing what is the most right.

The best example I can think of would Dr. House from the TV series "House."

Have I fucking missed something. He got a little sister and two new maids in a single chapter?

Who needs to just randomly stumble across a loli to save when you can simply summon one!

@jameaney Actually he got the maids after buying the house. They were part of the kidnap group held by the asshole A-rank aventurer from a while back. He save them now they decided to work for him. Go back an check you definately miss that one.

Users who are viewing this thread