Kusunoki-san wa Koukou Debut ni Shippai shite Iru - Vol. 3 Ch. 21 - I think I can see why the two of them get along so well

Supporter
There we are. That last page, Hebikawa is what sets this story apart from a conventional school romcom. She’s the spanner in the works, the trauma that keeps on biting.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Snake aside.....both Kusunoki and Otobe starting to play a bit on the offense was nice to see.

Anyways I'm also a bit glad to see Hebikawa again... I wasn't a fan of the flow of the story with the chapters focusing on Moe :huh:
Time for some actual drama 🔥🔥

Dex-chan lover
The MC annoys the crap out of me. I get that he knew Shizuka in junior high, where they were both outcasts. And I get that the MC wanted to have a fresh start in high school where no one knew about his outcast past. But clearly, Shizuka is attractive and popular with the guys. So why wouldn't you want her around? She isn't some annoying little sister or other relative. She keeps her distance so as not to be too clingy. So why the heck would he not want to see her during summer break?

When I was in high school, any attractive girl who came by to seem me at my job was VERY welcome.
He never said he didn't want to see her in summer break, thought?
He didn't want his friends coming to his uncle store, because, well... His uncle make some comments, that's it.

Dex-chan lover
not a clear one.
I really don't want this to be a plot twist like she always liked him.
I know it will be, but man... I really don't want it.
Same I just do not like her at all lmao it would be one thing if she was changed from middle school but she is clearly the same or even worse

Group Leader
what the hell, mangaka.

not every romcom story needs love rivals
but ig it's an overabundance of that that makes those without all the more refreshing...

Users who are viewing this thread