Kusunoki's Flunking Her High School Glow-Up - Vol. 4 Ch. 24 - I was hopelessly in love with you

Hebikawa definitely seems not a bad person, but not a good person either.

how should i said it, every time MC acted like "you are a bad person please stay away from me" towards hebikawa, the panel show how bewildered hebikawa is, even from the converstation its like she wanted to said "i never abused you and i always act like this towards everyone, but why you got scared and treat me like a bad person".

if anything, for me Hebikawa is not affectionate girl that can not show empathy, she is just a cold type person that always clearly said what is in her mind no matter if its gonna hurt other people or not (typical cold personality), but she is not the type of person that would abuse and harassed people around, all of these bad thing about Hebikawa is only in MC mind due to his trauma and low self-esteem.

from this chapter it seems Hebikawa didnt know that other people would see her as bad person from how her act all this time, thats why she is bewildered when MC act "you dont remember anything ?, are you gonna blackmail me ?, it doesnt big deal to you ?, please stay away from kusonoki".

Hebikawa seems a reasonable and mature person, after know the reason why MC treat her like she is a bad person, she doesnt upset or try to make excuse and nailed everything what is MC afraid of, that all those thing just in MC mind, leaving MC alone and doesnt pry any further.

I believe Hebikawa is not a love interest as i saw this is not typical harem manga, cant wait the future release Hebikawa Pov what is in her mind and how her personality will develope after realise that her acted all these time unintentionally hurt other people when she didnt mean it that way.

Supporter
Hebikawa definitely seems not a bad person, but not a good person either.
if anything, for me Hebikawa is not affectionate girl that can not show empathy, she is just a cold type person that always clearly said what is in her mind no matter if its gonna hurt other people or not (typical cold personality), but she is not the type of person that would abuse and harassed people around, all of these bad thing about Hebikawa is only in MC mind due to his trauma and low self-esteem.
I really, really, feel like people are just warping what has happened in the story now, and its crazy cause this chapter has not revealed anything we didn't know about Hebikawa

Hebikawa isn't just unempathetic/blunt, she is outright manipulative and scheming. She hasn't "abused" anyone but she is always thinking about how to use people, to the point where she can't even believe someone so honest/genuine like Kusunoki exists. That's not just being cold/unempathetic and speaking her mind bluntly, she literally schemes on how to elevate herself and she looks down on people and straight up calls them disgusting. Characters in the story call her black hearted. She literally uses people to her advantage, not to form relationships/friendships but to advance her goals

Y'all are tripping saying she's neither bad nor good. Anyone in real life that acts like her is an asshole in my head, and assholes are bad. It's really not that hard lol

Dex-chan lover
I have CPTSD. I have developed countless dysfunctional coping mechanisms to survive the years of constant abuse I endured. It wasn't until I realized that what I experienced was abuse and not just the natural consequences of my failures that I realized the root of my dysfunctional coping mechanisms and I was able to start healing them and developing healthier behaviors. I was constantly told by my abuser and even by some terrible therapists not to victimize myself and that unless I was suppressing my emotions which left me acting like an emotionless husk of a person, my reactions were too extreme. It's invalidating and disrespectful, and it does nothing but signal to people that it's not safe for them to be emotionally vulnerable and authentic around you or make any kind of progress in processing their trauma around you.

That's exactly what this entire chapter was about, Hebikawa invalidating Keisuke's experience and disrepecting him by saying "you were just dreaming of that on your own" as if she didn't manipulate him for her own public image and "it wasn't a big deal" like the pain she caused him doesn't matter.

You may not give a shit, but I hope someone reads this and realizes that just by acknowledging someone's trauma and victimhood and holding space for them, they can help them immensely.
Hope you are doing better

Users who are viewing this thread