Kusuriya no Hitorigoto - Ch. 68 - The Rumored Eunuch and Ice Cream

Dex-chan lover
Shao Ran is so happy go lucky. Who knows what sort of punishment she would have received, it could have been really bad. Yet the next moment she's heedlessly hungering for more ice cream, despite the ice cream only existing to buy her out of the mortal danger. Quite an airhead.

Dex-chan lover
dxDYxpi.png

Baby Shaoran crying makes me angry 😭

Also, this fucking face lmaoo

Wyi4tDC.png

Dex-chan lover
To calm my nitpicking brain, I'll just assume that she picked up how to make desserts because they served sweets like these back in the brothel or something.

This type of convenient MC knowledge is reaching Sengoku Komachi levels where an Agriculture student is suddenly crafting telescopes and making battlefield decisions. Well, I guess it's not at that level yet...

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
To calm my nitpicking brain, I'll just assume that she picked up how to make desserts like these because they served sweets like these back in the brothel or something.

This type of convenient MC knowledge is reaching Sengoku Komachi levels where an Agriculture student is suddenly making telescopes and making battlefield decisions. Well, I guess it's not at that level yet...
Considering she seemingly researched everything about chocolate after tasting it once, quite likely story.
But yeah, sometimes the various MCs, especially in isekai stories, seemingly have picture perfect memory of their text books and access to an offline wikipedia or something.

Dex-chan lover
To calm my nitpicking brain, I'll just assume that she picked up how to make desserts like these because they served sweets like these back in the brothel or something.

This type of convenient MC knowledge is reaching Sengoku Komachi levels where an Agriculture student is suddenly making telescopes and making battlefield decisions. Well, I guess it's not at that level yet...
To be fair it's mixing stuff so it kinda still is in her "field of knowledge" but yes some isekai get really stupid with knowledge like "Yeah i saw some guy explaining chemicals on youtube once 10 years ago so i know every formula ever".

Dex-chan lover
The earliest evidence of anything approaching ice cream being made was in China in the Tang period (A.D. 618-907) (google)
Most things in this story are very much historically sourced with slight exaggeration
To be honest it's a cool learning experience to search stuff each time i have "huh, wonder if they actually had that back then"
It bugs me more that catcat would have any exposure. Remember it's not really China and long before ice cream existed, sharbat and sorbet existed in Persia.

Dex-chan lover
Mao Mao's face on page 29 made me laugh outloud.
Also, I can't believe I got spoiled on something that I could never have guessed otherwise. I supposed it was another of those innocent spoilers jokes, lol.

Dex-chan lover
slowly stares at the picture of the consort and then of the maid at the end Oh... Now I need to reread a ton of stuff and see when did this maid start showing up. Because now that you've said this, I can't unseee it.
Then Shisui's sister Suirei tricked the CatCat about the 'Resurrection Medicine '. Curiosity makes the cat get kidnapped

Group Leader
To calm my nitpicking brain, I'll just assume that she picked up how to make desserts because they served sweets like these back in the brothel or something.

This type of convenient MC knowledge is reaching Sengoku Komachi levels where an Agriculture student is suddenly crafting telescopes and making battlefield decisions. Well, I guess it's not at that level yet...
The way I see it is, Maomao's talent is to remember everything that she ate or applied to her left arm. Her good memory is also pretty much required to become an apothecary, since she didn't have books or notes to write in.

In a way, Luomen is even more of a genius than Maomao since he can deduce things on the spot on top of his good memory.

Users who are viewing this thread