Kusuriya no Hitorigoto - Vol. 5 Ch. 22 - Outer Court Duty

Dex-chan lover
that one calm "lady" sure looks masculine. more so than Jinshi at least, although that's not saying much. although, wouldn't her voice give something away if she was actually male?

Aggregator gang
lady lady please interact with that cordyceps fungus less please... all it takes for that fungus to start killing people is a mutation and some bad luck

This is an interesting arc. And Jinshi is so cute, curious about that building and how the woman didn’t want her going there

Seriously this needs an anime. Love the pics at the end, thanks!

Dex-chan lover
It doesn't make sense that outer court girls have high qualifications while the inner court don't...

How did an unknown background girl like her even get to inner court the first time...

Dex-chan lover
@Thiron The outer court is official business area so like Maomao said they are secretaries, not handmaids, the girls in the inner court are, for lack of a better word ( more elegant at least ), breeders. Their principal "utility" is to procreate, so even if there is the upper echelon between them that are "high" born some of the intermediary levels of them can have girls of different walks of life, hence different levels of education and "qualifications".

It is a messed up system? Undoubtedly. But in that age, it was the norm so to speak.

Dex-chan lover
Hey, does MaoMao already know about monocle guy? Did his name get passed round the red light district or something?

Gah, I can't imagine what would make someone think giving their unrequited lust object underoos sewn together with their hair would be sexy. Gah!

the colored artwork pic is cute it would be nice if theres anime version

Fed-Kun's army
And it was on p. 18 that the asian version of "Das Parfüm" ("The Perfume") began.

Banned
Are you sure the "court lady with heavy makeup" isn't a crossdresser? It sure as hell looks like a man in drag.

Dex-chan lover
I mean this manga is good and all but I have no clue where the plot is going, or if there even is one at this point

mao is by far the saving grace of this manga but I really want her to like raise her status or something lol

Oh, so they shifted this segment here. It was supposed to happen pretty much at the start.

@StickyTar
I've read up to volume 9 of the novel. There's no real overarching plot. This series has more in common with the Magic School Bus than any palace intrigue drama. There is a buildup to a certain event, but it'll be some years before they'll even start to hint it. As for what you're hoping for, lets just say the story plods along. In fact this arc was supposed to happen in like Chapter 3, right at the start of the series, in the original story, so in some sense the manga is working backwards.

Still damn good though.

Users who are viewing this thread