Kyou mo E ni Kaita Mochi ga Umai - Vol. 3 Ch. 10

Fed-Kun's army
Can't wait for him to DESTROY THE ECONOMY by "accidently" dumping 5000 gems on the market. Also A BIG BUFF MAN and a SMALL CUTE SHOTA??? Can't wait for some yaoi romance with a """slave""".
ignoramus.jpg

Dex-chan lover
Come on man, slavery again?! Why are isekai authors obsessed with this shit?
because it cuts out the need to write individual stories of getting to know characters and building relationships. I bought you, you need me, you see I'm a cool guy, your loyalty stays regardless of status. Its also a way for authors to show how "good guy" their characters are, you often see slavery in fantasy settings because its cheap pathos/ethos.

Dex-chan lover
also i love when a character says "yeah we treat slaves humanely here :)" and then the next fucking page we see people living in really small underground jail cells with only a haystack and a sack as a bed and sitting on the hard cold stone floor wearing dirty clothes
Untitled.jpg

at least this one isnt chained up by comically large cuffs

Dex-chan lover
A lot of isekai writers write slavery systems that resemble how slavery operated in a Japanese context and nothing like how it operated in European societies.

Slavery was technically outlawed in 1590 by Toyotomi Hideyoshi . However, indentured servitude and contract labour systems of slavery existed legally in Japan. This is the type of slavery we see portrayed in Isekai even when the author is writing about a pseudo!European fantasy society.

Users who are viewing this thread