Kyou mo E ni Kaita Mochi ga Umai

Dex-chan lover
I'm done, this just reminds me of a certain old anime trope and it annoys me. Early to mid 2010's shounen anime, ya know the ones where the MC's denser than a block of lead, "romance" was essentially just tacked on their because everyone else is doing it, and of course the MC's a boring naive pacifist where they never kill a thing beyond maybe demons/demon king? Yeah sadly this work has 1 of those things, and it's the naive "I won't harm a fly" types.....

Ok so maybe that's not that bad, at least they touch grass more often than authors in that era... moving on, plot development is... a thing? Like there's a lot of moving parts, in the background, for future events. That's right all the development is so focused on the future that the present has things that are overlooked.
The bodyguard doesn't kill, why? His employer is in danger and he's surrounded by 9 dudes, the fact he doesn't kill them doesn't really make sense cause keeping them alive is more difficult.... especially when your weapon id a sword.... also if you are used to a shield, shouldn't you ask your employer for one to better protect him? He can kinda just magic one up for you. I have a feeling the author realized late and this was his remedy.

The woman feels like the author doesn't know how to articulate a woman. What they are trying to tack on is... it's just off, there's this nagging feeling that they just don't fully understand the perceptive of their own character.

Edit: I accidentally hit post... screw it I'm not writing more of my rant, I have a feeling that I'd just nitpick further of every detail justified or not

Dex-chan lover
Aside from all of the other comments here, and actually taking a step back and not trying to compare scenarios/characters/genres/other manga/literally everything else and just reading this as it's own story.. this is pretty good.

Some of it felt a little forced or rushed, but it's nice in it's own way. Looking forward to seeing more.

Another promising isekai ruined by the unnecessary addition of "moral slavery." Sad.

Dex-chan lover

I'm just waiting for the ex-spy to become an ara-ara wife.

i'm baffled by how many isekais need me to understand that in their world, slavery is cool, normal and good.

but also curious if it'll ever be revealed that the mc is literally a fairy, like everyone keeps thinking he is.

I really feel conflicted with the word "slavery". I have my own country's meaning of slavery and the western meaning of slavery. My country's history of slavery is very dissimilar to the western slavery where a slave is a slave for life. Historically our slaves were more like medieval serfs, you can choose to remain a slave if you want or buy your freedom (the price is attainable for the most part, because of the laws). So... I don't know. I feel like most of the "Japanese version of slavery" is just selling most of your rights for protection. Then there are the prisoners of war and criminals that make it more complicated. So, for the most part I really don't mind it.
I know, for most people including me, the word slavery leaves a bad taste in your mouth, but my countrymen and I have been selling our body and soul just to give a better future for our families. The overseas workers are second-class citizens compared to the locals, so I just see it as something like our historical version of slavery. We are slaves to your country. I am not saying our version of slavery is good or any version of it is, it is just that the western version is shittier.
That's my two cents. It's worthless and doesn't make things any better, just explains my thoughts.

It started out cute alright, but then of course they had to make it weird with the nude drawing. Like, duh, can manga writers stop shoving an annoying female character down my throat every now and then? But well, maybe my opinion of her will change in the next chapters.

The main character, I won't lie, sometimes made me feel frustrated, but then I had to remind myself that he was a high school boy with no fighting ability suddenly thrown into a another world. So, fine.

Other than that, I think this is a promising one. The art is good. Somewhat is different from others in the same genre. Let's see where it goes in the future.

Solid 8/10.

Last edited:
Another promising isekai ruined by the unnecessary addition of "moral slavery." Sad.
From how they described it, it sound more like "indentured servitude" than slavery.
Apart from criminals, people get into that position to clear their debts.

The "owner" is also legally bound by laws to provide proper care.
Its not like they are property without rights.

Sure, there will be bad "owners" who mistreat their "indentured servant", but that's no different than people with a job in our modern world. Plenty of average employers, but you also have asshole bosses who abuse their (minimum wage) employees, knowing their employees really need the job and can't just quit.

Users who are viewing this thread