Lady Baby - Vol. 1 Ch. 10

Dex-chan lover
Excuse me who needs defibrillators ? Ofc from heart attacks

Dex-chan lover
The fluff is great, even though it all started so tragic.

I like how this dumbass family dismisses her intellect as "she's a genius". I don't think that's how it works, bruh.

My reaction if that was my baby

2qqlrn.jpg

Idk... I just find the disproportionate speech of a child that's only a few months old to be off putting, its just really really cringey for me... 😓

This lovey-dovey-cavity-inducing dialogue is fine and understandable given the setting, but I just want her to be older before she starts doing all this. I have nothing against child-genius characters who're smarter than their age, but I wish at least the early chapters of BABY-hood matched her speech to her age. @_@

"Daughter of the Emperor" and "Who Made Me a Princess?" are both good examples of what I mean.

I cannot tell you how hard it is for me to not give this a 4 for the talking baby.....
I mean, she is really overdoing it.... I always wanted these type of stories to do this, show off your knowledge.... but.... something about this just really puts me off.
I think I would scream and throw her across the room like a creepy chucky doll if she were my child

[ul]@KuroInfinity said:
but I wish at least the early chapters of BABY-hood matched her speech to her age. @_@
"Daughter of the Emperor" and "Who Made Me a Princess?" are both good examples of what I mean.
[/ul]Agreed. Who Made Me a Princess is my absolute favorite "show off" child. Once she meets her fluffy white dog, the sheer cunning-ness of her insults, and the shock of her henchman is so funny I laugh whenever I think about it. Seriously, one of my all-time favorite scenes from all the manga I have read.

Although I do not like the series, I think They Say I Was Born a King's Daughter did a good job at making her a show-off baby, without making her creepy and still giving her family believable reactions.

Fed-Kun's army
When I was two years old, I was frustrated about not being able to perfectly articulate what I wanted to say, due to having minimal experience with complex words. I specifically recall being concerned that I would be tasked with cleaning the floor, because I wanted to "go to sweep". Speaking in an articulate manner at a very young age isn't that shocking. In many cases, it would just be living up to the extremely high expectations of one's parents' wishful thinking. All it really takes is having parents that don't sabotage one's learning of language by speaking in "baby talk" or simplistic phrasing used on pets.

This is so cute and entertaining:) thank you for the update! I know people keep complaining about her being able to talk but this is a fantasy lol

@MisterXiado I don't know you, so I can't say with certainty what your life was like when you were two, but unless you're currently 3-5 years old, then I'm calling you out for being a liar on even remembering anything from that age. There are multiple studies done on how early memories develop and all of them say the first years of memories are forgotten since their brains aren't developed enough yet.

You're also missing the point. She's MONTHS old, that's not just early, that's "I was literally just recently born" kind of early. A baby of that age making articulate SOUNDS that resemble words would've been impressive enough, let alone complete sentences of that complexity, I DARE you to find an example of a 0-year-old speaking at that level instead of crying or sleeping. Firefish5000 and I don't have a problem with her trying to speak and doing so (considering her mental age), its more about the level of speech that's completely disproportionate from her appearance to the point of just being creepy that puts us off. Not to mention how everyone in her family just shrugs it off with "she's a genius" like that phrase explains everything.

I like this story I really do... I just wish the next 20 chapters could come out already so we're out of the baby phase and I can stop wincing whenever she opens her mouth.

@MisterXiado Repeating a sentence is one thing. I might even be impressed and happy about it. But for your first word sentence paragraph to be "thank you for giving birth to me, I love you (all of your names)".... I'm sorry, your now dead and I am running away frantically from the house of the devil child. I need either 1) her parent reactions were more believable, 2) her words to be more believable for her age and/or 3) her sentences to be less cringy. I mean... "thank you for giving birth to me"... really? (I admit 3 is highly personal, but seriously.... what type of complex pre-existential-crisis level thought is this for a baby to say. this is the #1 reason why I just killed you)

I am hopeful that this will become more bearable as she ages, but it is taking my all to power through this. I cannot tell you how surprised I am that people are finding this cute.
Also, it seems to me the author is trying to do some level of damage control now. The chapter with her first words was obviously an attempt to make a heart-wrenching scene. IMO, it failed miserably, and the author realized that after the fact. I think they are now trying to mitigate it by turning their reactions into a comedic ploy and simultaneously making them more realistic. eg. "its impossible for her..... to be this much of a genius!" "i'm terrified... about how much I love my daughter!"
In other words, her father is now in a weird state of denial about how creepy his daughter is

I admit I really want her to grow up already, but not because of the baby thing. I just want the story to move forward and get to the interesting part. Right now it's more like a filler.

The baby thing doesn't bother me that much because unconvincing reactions are pretty common in manga. Some out of the ordinary shit happens and people get used to it pretty quick.

Like "I suddenly developed superpowers just like in the movies... that's so cool!!" -> then in the second chapter the person acts like they've had superpowers all their lives.

That also happens in pretty much every isekai. The person dies, wakes up in a game and acts surprised for a whole page, as if people woke up in alternative realities all the time. Then they start acting like completely different people from the character whose body they took and the other characters think that's weird but that's that, usually they don't suspect it's another person.

Users who are viewing this thread