Lady Evony

@pinkeree

I get what you’re saying, but I think Ebony needs to be completely morally correct, as I think this is an allegory for abuse. ( or a direct representation ¯\_(ツ)_/¯) It’s telling people, don’t gaslight the victim and help them from their trauma.

But it would be interesting to see a serial killer released from prison, it sounds like a great idea.

I dunno. It seems to me he is hitting two birds with one stone. 1.) Take care of her, and 2.) Maybe have her take down a couple of greedy, lying nobles.

I read the raws of this series, and without spoiling too much, I am surprised that this story went to a direction I didn't see coming.

Aggregator gang
@Audettey I completely agree. I don't think this story would benefit from making Ebony morally grey, at least when it comes to her crime. It feels too much like a parallel for abuse victims in real life to do that, the message it would imply would be skewed.

@LaDeeDah
I understand your view on how this seems to be a story for victims of abuse and making the MC morally grey would only provide a demeaning message to actual abuse victims, yet I'm just reading this for entertainment, not to find a theme for the story or find some overarching lesson. And how they are portraying her, this story doesn't feel that entertaining in which I only feel pity for the main character;in fact, her characterization just seems so bland and one-dimensional. Something I think is similar to this would be Contract princess and Monster Duchess or something like that, that also portrays abuse yet it is still able to be entertaining, especially since it's a little girl, it's so cute and she has personality. For Ebony, she's a traumatized grown woman however, she has lived a lot longer than the little child in Contract Princess and Monster Duches and has much more life experience, she should have much more defining traits than just a traumatized woman. Man that was long.

Aggregator gang
@pinkeree I agree that the story could work on fully fleshing out her character more. And I don't mind at all if her character is made more morally grey, in other ways. I just think relating that to her crime in particular would feel... very sketchy, in a way that can't be done in Monster Duchess. I mean in Monster Duchess, the protagonist isn't at fault at all when it comes to all the grief she receives from her family, there's no way to justify it. But here it'd be the opposite.
I completely get what you mean though by wanting the MC here to have more to her character/personality than just 'traumatized woman'.

@pinkeree
I would argue Leslie from Monster Dutchess seems to develope grey morals with her thirst for vengeance that low key alarms the Dutchess. And in terms of Ebony's personality deficit, yes she is older than Leslie but she has suffered much longer. And from what I can see, it seems women in this story world have little to no rights or voice so this lack of personality could stretch to all female characters as a survival tool. Ebony was so surprised the older maid was so friendly and outgoing, it must be a completely new experience for her even though she grew up wealthy before being jailed. And Ebony's trial people focused on her crime and not her father and fiance's abuse leading me to believe the abuse was a societal norm. Compared to monster Dutchess world society seems disgusted with how Leslie was treated when it all came out, thus it can be assumed Leslie can easily trust people outside of her family while Ebony can't make that assumption

Interesting 🤔 I hope they will continue this and not drop the project. I am really curious as to how this story will pan out.

Dex-chan lover
wait fuck i actually like this
fantasy political drama among nobles? yes please

Users who are viewing this thread