Lady to Queen

Story is okay so far, nothing stopping me from continuing to read...

Except the art style. I just can't get away from the awful the overuse of blush. Looks like children playing unsupervised and getting into their parent's cosmetics.

Legit want to keep reading, but the art... :(. The cover is great, totally an example of when the artist was trying... But so many parts inside the chapters are just plain hidiously bad (makeup design on the characters).

Edit:Went back over the currently available 6 chapters, now with an idea of what was bothering me about the art, and it's more like the artist is super inconsistent with the faces. It's super easy to spot once I started looking for it. Specially in chapter 5 & 6. There are a few great examples of a scene the artist obviously thought was important that they took extra care with and are great. But those carefully done panels contrast significantly with scenes the artist very obviously didn't put the same care into. This care / doesn't care goes back and forth multiple times in the same chapter.

.. it's just too jarring of a difference to keep jumping between.

here are spoilers i gathered from novelupdates:
after the wedding lucio actually goes to lizzy at night. lizzy says she wants 2 things in exchange for not going after rose: 1. the next emperor will be her son 2. rose must not get pregnant

during a hunting excursion rose sends assassin's to kill lizzy but lucio takes a poisoned arrow to protect lizzy. lizzy has to run away with lucio and she manages to save him with medicine she packed with her horse after her horse returns to her.

rose makes a duke adopt her so she has a higher status and can marry lucio for reals.

after her adoption, rose tries to remove lizzy as empress by revealing that lizzy was only chosen bc they found out she was infertile during the health check. it turns out lizzy actually isn't infertile, and it was just the emperor's doing. (i have no idea why...)

rose almost starts a war with a neighboring country bc she schemed to kill their emperor and lucio is done with her sh*t. she's thrown into jail.

it turns out that lucio went through a lot of sh*t so he was easily manipulated by rose and relied on her. his mother is actually the former empress' servant but the former empress' was infertile so she adopted lucio and even forced him to kill his own biological mother.

lucio falls for lizzy first! (i hope there's a lot of groveling) apparently he becomes sweet later on. lizzy is exhausted after she gets revenge and wants to leave the palace, but lucio convinces lizzy to stay with him and they have three kids.

neil finds love too.

@uriekuki
so it's another story where mc comes back from execution and ends up with the guy who sentenced her.. thank you

The translation was really good in chapter 6. Thank you. I dont get it why you guys plastered your group name all over it though lol

@uriekuki

Thanks for the summary. Not sure I'm going to bother then, I hate stories where the ML is forgiven despite being an absolute shit rag of a person.

The angst tho, even it’s only the beginning. Don’t give your heart to that kind of human, Lizzie. He has no difference than a log.

Fed-Kun's army
ughh hate it when the mc ends up with the ml whos an asshole and legit is the villain

I hate waiting for these kinds of stories. It's just a whole bunch of misery, until finally things start getting interesting.

No thanks, coming back in a years time. Maybe.

Alright honestly for these kinds of stories I'm more here for the drama & political plot rather than romantic side X'D I want her to find Justice for her sister & family make him regret the sins he's committed towards them in the other life & make all of those who hurt them crowl before her! *adds evil laughs...
No but seriously, I'm all here for it as long as her will doesn't weaken & she doesn't lose sight of her objectives because of some love & Romance type of bs! Be strong Lizzie!

Users who are viewing this thread