Lamia Orphe Is Dead - Ch. 24 - The Enemy from Within

THE PLOT THICKENS

Maybe Aquilla was in cahoots with that bastard child from Kioren. If he planned this evil shit, that'd explain why he's holding Lamia's dead body on the cover.
He probably fell in love with her somewhere along the way, but the plan was already in motion and she got killed.

We are already in ch 24 but there's not even one likeable or decent characters in this manwha huh

Really? I like Lamia and Aquilla a lot. Lamia's actions aren't exactly moral, but she might get killed by whoever's backing the assasination in Kioren (and I assume the kid's involved too)

I understand why they think they need to kill the child, but dang if it ain't morally wrong to do that to an innocent kid who has no control over his looks. I guess even though people are turned off, I think it makes our protagonists morally gray and interesting. Uri seems to be the most kind one in the story but it makes us question if he can make the hard choices his father and sister can or not.

I don't get the logic. The child is not actually related, but looks like him. And if they were related he'd be a bastard as they point out, who typically can't become heirs. But is also younger than the two. And again he's not even related. What's the threat?

Dex-chan lover
@meepmore Well, if someone looks incredibly similar to you, one would assume they were related. There isn't any way to prove that he is/isnt his child, making the child a threat to the line of succession, meaning that people will ill intent will use the child to overthrow the Orphe House, become the childs guardian and then get rid of the child.

Dex-chan lover
I now sincerely hope that Lamia dies again, and so does the prince. But I'm not going to stick around to see if that happens. How disappointing...

Effing nobles. I guess that's what the guillotine is for.

Sounds like a stretch, but what if Aquilla turned back time so MANY times that it began to cause abnormalities? What if the kid who looks like Uriel is the product of it? He's not the Duke's son, but he's his spitting image...And he's used in the assasination plan and political games against the Orphes for some reason.
What if there're other sinister sorcerers like Aquilla who can turn back in time?
It'd be awesome if things took a global turn xD

Uri is an idiot even his sister would kill an innocent child to protect the family. He is too kind.

Damn.

Yuri, the only sunshine in this story. Thank God someone would be against assassinate a child for political reasons! I get it the why they would wanted he dead, but the only sin was born with his face

Well, I like it so far. This is one of the few romance fantasy I read in a while that has a good and really interesting plot . The romance, for now, looks secundary, but in the end "love" seems to be the very main reason all of this is happening. The MC actually looks like someone who was taught to be a ruler. However, if you are looking for fluffy moments between the MC and the ML, or an adorable MC who is loved by all and is good and moraly perfect, this is not for you. Also, I don't think is wrong to people judge before the background story is shown. A sad past don't excuse killing, hurting or manipulating people. But there are some mangas where even when the MC becomes a "monster" , they go through so much that it actually feels reliable (I'm looking at you, Houseki no Kuni). So, I'm expecting a lot from it xD

The setting could definitely use some french revolution imo. Starting with Lamia, her dad and the prince.

@ Roiya, I don't think it was a hard decision for lamia and her father to made that decision. It was made as if it was a normal decision and a quick fix for every problem, even if it is killing an innocent child. Typical noble I guess.
The one that will have a hard time is going to be uri.
Is lamia a different type of MC? Yes
Is she have complex? Idk, right now she's acting as every other typical noble in every fantasy/historical fiction, which is killing anybody who is in the way without dirtying their hand themselves.
Is she evil? The act in killing innocent child is evil, but inherently I don't think so.
Personally I'm interested in uri storyline more then lamia

Hmm they could use that child and upset the whole family...plus there's no dna tests so they can't really prove tje dad didn't have an affair

Double-page supporter
Killing younglings!? I like the way Lamia has so many bad points since usually female leads are just.. good.. which can be pretty dull.

Whether she stays happy with murdering children or she grows to not be happy with murdering children, either could be interesting.

Uri continues to be set up as a political puppet.

Users who are viewing this thread