Land of the Lustrous - Vol. 10 Ch. 79 - Two Hundred Twenty Years

Group Leader
@sillymangareader here's another take on what phos is saying: pray for the lunarians, but you don't need to do it in order to set the lunarians free. you don't need to do it in order to free the gems from being destroyed and collected. do it for me, phos, who has been searching for, fighting for, and suffering for this cause the entire time. and i, just like the lunarians that you have prayed for before, will find peace and pass on

Does Adamant lack the capacity for mercy then? The Lunarians are the dregs of humanity, so can he not forgive their mortal transgressions? By the way, why did the dust recreation stop 220 years ago?

Meanwhile Ichikawa Haruko likes asparagus. It's like she's laughing at us.

I think the most annoying gem was cinnabar. Why did he forgetting phos after all what he did? It's true that cinnabar so thirsty to beloved by someone. But that was phos the first gem whose approaching him. But i still love the way haruko ichikawa surprising us.

What the heck with waiting for a month again.

With every chapter,Phos' suffering got worse.I think Phos has finally had enough of this bullshit for around 1,000+yrs,and now I see pure rage,agony,and bargaining.Ichikawa needs to explain why the gem restoration project halted,unless it was halted due to the failure of Phos 220yrs ago to get Adamant to pray.No praying Adamant=No gem restoration?So,deal breaker?

I feel like Phos will be the one able to pray for the Lunarians. They have lost everything, and according to Buddhism material attachment and craving for such is the source of suffering. Therefore, they are enlightened and have achieved Nirvana in a way????? Correct me if I'm wrong. Furthermore, I feel the reason that the Lunarians cannot leave and Sensei cannot pray for them is because they are too materialistic. Aechmea has his gem waifu, they steal gems, etc. They have strayed far from the path and therefore cannot achieve Nirvana. That's just my take.

Most things about this chapter have already been mentioned in the comments by the other readers, so I just want to be selfish for a bit and talk about my own feelings here: I loved Yellow from the second I first glanced them in the anime. Their calm but gentle, strong yet precariously unbalanced personality really touched me more than anyone until then. To see them fall like this is... terrifyingly sad.
But it also makes me wonder, since Yellow Diamond is one of the longest living things in this world minus the lunarians... if in actuality, the gems are literally human souls, reborn after reaching nirvana in perfect form, both beautiful and everlasting. I'm not very familiar with Buddhism, which probably allows me to consider something like this, however, there is at least some logic to this hypothesis, yeah? Although I might well be grasping at straws to keep Yellow together in my head. :(

I look forward to each chapter, although they also hurt every time. If the series will truly have a proper end, not one of those open ones, I will definitely buy it, too. I just have to see the end first.

Dex-chan lover
@Alhazred23
I found their absences conspicuous as well.
The thing with Padparadscha is probably related to the mercury from the first time they went back down. I don't think we ever saw that gem again after Cairngorm brought the three back, and I've been wondering what happened ever since.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...
Are we finally gonna get Adamant backstory next chapter? Like... with his creator and all. Remember that time the Lunarians showed the earth gems that weird room thingy? And the dog too... All that stuff, like why Adamant is so touchy about humans, like he broke the table when Phos first mentioned them.
Oh, man, I'm curious

Today (but more like yesterday because it's 2 am as of this writing), I finally decided to binge the anime which made me binge this manga in one night. Phos is so broken that I feel he will soon disappear into the nothingness and it makes me sad. And now waiting on a new chapter makes me sad because this chapter was left on a cliff hanger!! 😭😭😭

My feelings after reading all of this 2 days straight: see what yellow did and phos in the last page (cliffhanger and depression)

Dex-chan lover
Phos needs to have a happy resolution

My poor boy can't handle this and he don't deserve the bad shit he's going through :(((

Phos is handling this very well considering 2 centuries of neglect and being left in pieces

I say The Truth
I se that is realy God.
I realy Like this manga.
I know this because I se Light.
I se Red>
Lines>
What?

Users who are viewing this thread