Latest updates and manga management

1. Prioritize Followed Tab over All chapters Tab on starting screen. (you basically always want to check your beloved series first, right?!)
2. Prioritize unread chapters over read chapters. (this just simply is to avoid scrolling and clicking to every manga that has older update time stamps)[read/unread > update time stamp]
3. Option to "Auto-mark" a chapter-number (e.g. vol.1 ch. 70) as read, when a new scan/translation is uploaded. (Avoiding to read a chapter over and over or show an already read chapter again and again in latest updates)(just now due to new uploads I got a series with ch. 76, ch.1, ch.2, ch. 75 shown in the Latest follows tab on home)
4. Mark all chapters of a series as read without using "completed" status. (Feature for new users who create their library and don't want to click all chapters on Hajime no Ippo or stuff)
5. Search/order options on Follows Site. Consistent listing of chapters. (That just seems chaotic. Sometimes chapters are listed 1,2,3 sometimes 3,2,1 when a grouped view for an updated series is shown)(This should basically represent/show the latest updates tab from home, I guess)
6. Maybe binding drop down menues for uploading chapters to get consistent order variables. (In some series chapters are shown as "vol. 1, ch. 32" and others as "ch. 33" and some even mix it)

1. I rather want to see updates of what have not been in my list. Yes, I want to check my beloved series first, and for that sake I use my own follow list, not the homepage.

2. Not sure what you mean, please be specific where you want it. Basically, a sorting option?

3. If you mean to auto-mark same chapter of different groups then I disagree. Chapters that have not been read yet shouldn't be marked anyway.

4. Mass marking is planned iirc.

5. I agree it should be improved.

6. Maybe because the volumes are not out yet. Or maybe because some scanlation groups only do the magazine version? They are consistent afaik.

Dex-chan lover
In addition to the stated above:
2. Sorting the follows updates list by unread first is a planned feature

1. I am fine with general updates on the first site, when the follows site is designed clean and functional instead. Then again, since there are two tabs right now on the main page... I would not be against preferences via cookies which is displayed for each user.

2. I Don't know how far comparisons are deemed fine, but on Mangakakalot/Manganelo you had a bookmark system too. Clicking on your bookmarks showed all of "your chosen manga". These were sorted in a list by last update similar to the follows site on mangadex (last update at the top of the list). But as soon as you read the latest chapter of a series and reloaded your bookmarks the unread chapters where shown on top of the list while the last-updated-but-already-read-chapters moved down the list. As soon as you were up-to-date (read all chapters), the list was sorted by last update again.

3. Yes I am speaking of the same chapter of different groups. This suggestion mostly goes hand in hand with the general feeling lacking overview. For now you have to mark every chapter as read. Specifically I mean an incident, where I read a chapter. and two hours later I got a new unread version of that same chapter, which for me felt kind of annoying since it represents duplicate content. I did not even assume the possibility of small group doing vacation yet, and translating, redrawing and uploading there chapters weeks later... in a way it just is inconvenient GUI/services. Also I did not mean general settings for the site but the choice to do so for users who don't want to read every scanlation or click every chapter. Then again it depends on the naming and indexing of chapters (point 6)...

4. and 5. nice.

6. e.g. https://mangadex.org/title/24530/black-gakkou-ni-tsutomete-shimatta-sensei

1. The homepage is, let's say it's just a showcase and it's not really functional. The main reason I rarely checking my followed series on it is because the list is limited and more importantly it doesn't list all the realeases, unlike the Latest updates page and the Follows page so I am better off using those two instead. And since it's a showcase, it will do a better job offering a greater variety of manga rather than limted to what you have already followed. That's my opinion on the homepage, adding options for many preferences is nice and all, but I feel like it's just redundant. And if the Follows page is improved just a bit, say it will have thumbnail covers to make the task of identifying easier, then this and the follows tab will mostly useless.

2. Then this should be applied to our follow list? That would be nice.

3. Yeah, if they want to do it, they should make it optional.

6. In your example, the latest volume is only up to 2 at chapter 13, so every later chapters are unlisted. If new volume comes out, the groups themselves will surely corect it or if they don't, try using the reporting button. Anyway, the ones listed in the volumes appear at the bottom, follwed by any following chapters that are unlisted, so it shouldn't be that confusing.

@Monsaic

is a Reindeer
VIP
@Monsaic
1. Prioritize Followed Tab over All chapters Tab on starting screen. (you basically always want to check your beloved series first, right?!)
No idea if v5 will be anywhere close to the same UI-wise so no answer there

2. Prioritize unread chapters over read chapters. (this just simply is to avoid scrolling and clicking to every manga that has older update time stamps)[read/unread > update time stamp]
If you mean "sort by unread chapters" on your follows page, already planned

3. Option to "Auto-mark" a chapter-number (e.g. vol.1 ch. 70) as read, when a new scan/translation is uploaded. (Avoiding to read a chapter over and over or show an already read chapter again and again in latest updates)(just now due to new uploads I got a series with ch. 76, ch.1, ch.2, ch. 75 shown in the Latest follows tab on home)
maybe

4. Mark all chapters of a series as read without using "completed" status.
planned, completed status won't exist in v5 anyways with custom lists

6. Maybe binding drop down menues for uploading chapters to get consistent order variables.
If the volume number is missing, it's because the user didn't know or because the volume wasn't out yet so there was no volume number to assign to the chapter at the initial time of uploading. If you see things with missing volume numbers and you know what the volume numbers are, report it with the volume number and a mod will fix it.

Users who are viewing this thread