Lazy Dungeon Master - Vol. 2 Ch. 6 - Rokuko's Elder Sister Appears!

Dex-chan lover
Are you smarter than a goblin fanatic? 99% of siscons can't solve this question:
The answer is easy, no matter what you think it is. How do you divide $1.00 three ways equally?

Dex-chan lover
@Talismaster, the answer is
kill the other two and take the $1.00 for yourself. Or just "easy", but I like the first way.

Dex-chan lover
Huh? Wasn't it Kehma who started calling her Haku since she's "89"? Or did my memory fail me?

Dex-chan lover
@Syapaaye: Nope
Her previous master (more of those typical 'aloof hero who confess to dungeon boss/monster girl cuz love at first sight' type), also a Japanese, was the first to call her Ha(8)ku(9) instead of 'Core 'hachikyuu(89) because the 'core no 89' is a pain to say all the time.

I think it's when Rokuko introduce herself as Rokuko instead of Core no 695 that Haku's interest was piqued, then after wishing she has similar 'nickname based on her core number', Kehma mentions about the 8-9 reading

@Syapaaye
Rokuko starts calling her Haku instead of No.89 once Kehma mentions that 89 is read as Haku in his language, which is probably what you're remembering.
Lyon Raverio picked the name because it means 'white' in whatever language they're speaking.

@WhimsiCat IIRC,
Her previous master was a native of that world, and named her "White", for her hair. It just so happens that in Japanese the word haku also has components of 8-9 (hachi-kyuu)
At the very least, I remember there being a web novel side-story that showed Haku's master having been a native, so in her case the connection to 89 was a "coincidence"?

Users who are viewing this thread