Legacy reader is officially retired from today.

Legacy reader is officially retired from today.

• Loli Emilia is best

Votes: 1,001 28.0%
  • Emilia is best

Votes: 915 25.6%
  • I'm lame and like Rem

Votes: 1,656 46.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Group Leader
@KakkaKarrotCake
Hmm, yeah. That's an issue ... but not for me! :sinceresmile:
HArT2U1.png

Well, I know you guys have preference. But the fact that the now-gone-forever ancient reader will never see the light again is true. So get used to it. I know it's hard, but it won't as hard as getting used to quarantine.

Is there a way to autocollapse the bar on the right? Or to make that the default?

edit: nvm, it seems it does retains settings. Thanks!

Btw is there a way to add more control for how to display the pages? Some of the manga chapters uploaded fill majority of the screen, and the other option thats fit to container/width makes the page smaller and harder to read the text. *Stare* Actually fit to width is the same thing as no resize at all.

Edit: Nvm, found the advanced options!

we´ve had something like that?

btw votes:
I'm lame and like Rem
coz i never watched re:zero ,dont know or (forgotten other emillia)
Rem fro Isekai Maou is the best (LN anyway)
double middle finger to rest o you
🤣🤣😂😅

OK from my POV

1. I never use keyboard while reading! So there come the issue of clicking to show the sidebar and then again clicking the chapter or scanlation group. So the so called key combination/shortcut solution doesn't apply to my case of use.
2. The image loading HUGEASS icon is super ANNOYING (give us the choice of disabling/removing the loader icons).
3. After reading a chapter I read comments. So AGAIN I need to frkn CLICK the sidebar so I can access the comments? (Are you frkn serious?).

LEGACY READER users ask simple things: the UI of the legacy reader and permanently hidden sidebar (Which could be accessed from settings or user menu if one wanted/needed to enable it)

So is it really so hard to implement that? I don't think so..

As for example I usually use 13" netbook/notebook while I read so with this super duper uber new amazingly "GOOD" reader it breaks the prior GREAT reading experience and makes it annoying to read.

So please listen to our LEGACY READER users pleads/asking and make the reading experience awesome again. Now it's..

I wasn't expecting 16 pages of users complaining about a 2 yo legacy interface used by the 0.1%. Like, be grateful they are even wasting time replying to you.

I skimmed through the past pages, and I can't believe some of the past comments where like:
> Adding features is easy/fixing code is always possible
A programmer writes in average 3000 lines of production code a year, and that with full time work. It means 1.5 lines of production code per hour. Also, all code has a cost for existing, even if you leave it untouched for two years. Be grateful they didn't delete it shortly after the new one came out, and be done with it.

Staff
Admin
@Filthy_Hobbits

Not sure what you mean. Pinch zoom works perfectly for me over images in all display modes.

Might be browser related. Typically most issues exist in terrible Apple products :x

@Reechi
Did anyone have a screenshot what is legacy mode look like? i have been here since batoto died and i think there's no difference with the new one?

Screenshot:
5f9KZH2.png

Legacy reader header and footer (in inspect element I just made header fixed for screenshot purpose)

If we can have the UI of the new reader as an option then all is good but now we have to always click the triangle to show the sidebar and then extra clicks for what we need.

Also the option to go to the next chapter when clicked on img.

Double-page supporter
Wait until the legacy crowd learns about this...
bia7dHV.gif

@Halo
Wait until the legacy crowd learns about this...

and why would one want to resize the window or zoom in?

e.g. I always read in FULLSCREEN window mode.. So if I want to keep reading in fullscreen window but zoom out the img not zoom in.. can you give the solution?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread