Legacy reader is officially retired from today.

Legacy reader is officially retired from today.

• Loli Emilia is best

Votes: 1,001 28.0%
  • Emilia is best

Votes: 915 25.6%
  • I'm lame and like Rem

Votes: 1,656 46.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Double-page supporter
God damn it now it not as good gonna have to read somewhere else

Contributor
Well, I finally customized the new reader to mimic Legacy reader to the closest deal possible from what I remember.
The results aren't disappointing. This is definitely more than bearable - it's decent.
I may get some hiccups here and there, but I think I'll be good later on.

Banned
Yo, no idea what is going on, but I switched the Port 443 setting on, and there are still chapters that wont load for me. What is going on?

Banned
I can access old chapters when MD@Home was turned off 24hrs ago, so how come I need it on now? And how does Legacy reader being put down like Old Yeller ties into this?

Is there a plan to save default browser settings server side? I would love it to be added to the ridiculously long line of plans if it isn't already.

Dex-chan lover
@Denrick19

Were just some things I couldn't get as I could in legacy, like having chapter line on top, it's either hover or a corner (Can't exactly hover when on tablet)

Container setup which is what I felt looked the most like legacy I guess? doesn't work on a few chapters I checked out, half of them missing.

Well few questions configuring this then on pc:
Can chapters be listed up above the manga like in legacy rather then to the side?
How to format so left arrow or clicking on image anywhere in longstrip mode will advance to next chapter

Contributor
"Oh no! The legacy reader is dead!" said less than the 0.1% of users that still had enabled.
Jokes aside, I used the legacy reader for about the first year of the roll out of the "new" reader because it did suck back then, but it has since gotten at least good enough or better that i switched over. Maybe its because my 10 year old "potato" is not as rotten as some peoples that I don't have any issues on desktop. On mobile, everything on the site runs fine on a OnePlus 5 (which is a 4 or 5 year old device at this point).

Kind of interested on what kind of hardware people are using that they have performance issues with the site. Maybe they people are using Chrome or they have too many tabs open.

what i see on mobile
b3df1f845b.jpg

8463b672b1.jpg

MikuDex is best Dex don't @ ME
b29a545459.jpg

A spinning icon (that you preloaded the second you opened the site because we use those icons everywhere) has absolutely fuckall to with the speed at which images are downloaded. The images aren't rendered before they've completely finished downloading because otherwise the double page option wouldn't work as intended. For single and long, I could technically change that, but it wouldn't actually speed up the download in any way. You'd just get blurry half-finished images to look at for a second.

Its actually fucking hilarious that there's probably a huge chunk of people complaining here that are only doing so because a little icon fucks with their brains by making them think about the loading that happens regardless. Everyone's so self-assured that because it looks basic and is simple then it must be better, and flips the fuck out at the sight of what, rounded icons? This could probably make for a good psychological case study or something.

I really hate the default reader and I find it to be so much slower then legacy. This is the actual worst thing that could have happened for me. Is there any work around planned?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread