Long term strategies to address bandwidth issues and running costs: MangaDex@Home + Affiliates + BTC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Miku best girl
Admin
@remlei

Let us know which node is giving you these errors, by looking at the URL of the images.

I have a problem with M@H, even though I have a cache limit set to 100GB, my cache folder now takes 192GB. I used to run RC14 when it exceeded quota.

Is there any other way to get M@H support except discord? For example dedicated thread?

Instrumentality Instigator
Staff
Super Moderator
@8B3CE273
You could make a thread in the support forum. Nothing stopping you! We just haven't created a dedicated support thread for MD@H as most of the action has been on discord.

Pitty the bandwidth requirements are so high... It basically invalidates anyone not on fiber here. :(

If this ever gets lowered, I have 10~30Mbps I could chuck at an almost-always-on server for the SEA region. It's not much, but it gave me enough points on H@H to basically download all of the things. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Hi,
I don't have the necessary bandwith to host MangaDex@Home, but I'm willing to pay for an Amazon AWS to act as a node for it.
Can you recommend which AWS can I use?

Group Leader
About a week ago I made a sdmx.moe MD@Home client using the info here https://mangadex.org/md_at_home/info

I got the cheapest one, $6.25 a mo, and setting it up and activating the client was easy. A little cutting and pasting, but the instructions are clear. That's it! It's now serving gigabytes a day (about 5 images a second average), with zero work on my part. Though it's fun to watch the stats at https://mangadex.network/d/NDGiF3mGz/overview?orgId=1&var-client_id=326&refresh=1m

My point is that if you can afford it, my testing shows it really is an easy way to support the site (in two ways) if you don't want to eff with cryptocurrency. You might even get served some pages from your own server while you're reading! In the hellyear 2020 that's about as much excitement in a good way as you can hope for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread