Love Bullet - Vol. 1 Ch. 3 - Modern-Day Cupids (Part Two)

Group Leader
Hope you enjoyed this double release! We were a bit behind schedule last month, and since the last two chapters' page counts and titles imply they are two parts of what was originally one chapter, we decided to release both chapters on the same day.

Some things to note:
  • Aki's canon birth year is 2003 so she fell in love with Koharu around age 10 and has loved her for 11 years o<-<
  • It was briefly mentioned in Chapter 0, but it's been further confirmed that love bullets will only work if there's at least a one-way compatiblity from the Target to the person they're looking at.
  • We opted to use "partner" in this chapter since the author's been very intentional about not saying "girlfriend"/ "boyfriend", "woman"/"man", etc. when referring to Aki's potential love interests (interestingly, this was also the case in Chapter 0 where Aoi and Daito were both seen as equally legitmate options for Hina).

Dex-chan lover
Y'know, some may disagree but it is extremely cruel to make someone's first target be a loved one who saw them dying. Makes it even worse that Aki is still clinging to the memory of her dear friend and first and only crush and hasn't moved on. Dealing with Aki should be a turning point, her growth as a cupid, not her first experience in the new job right after waking up. :shamihuh::shamihuh::shamihuh::shamihuh::shamihuh:

I'm not really criticizing the author in that one, since they might be planning something really big (perhaps seeing the backstory of all the cupids and building the lore instead of focusing on a designated protagonist — the newbie), but Koharu's mentor kind of made a dick move. Pick a random person, girl.

Also, please I hope glasses cupid shows up so the rowdy one won't get in the way and make Koharu's first experience be even more terrible than it already is (emotionally). Please give me more female rivalry with those two so the only ones that actually do something are Koharu and Kanna :pepehmm:

Dex-chan lover
Gezz... when it already include super natural and the possible of return to live, but still cuckblocked them ?
Also, How do that work ? she will return to live after 5+ year from the grave, if it already happen ? how the world react to that ?
and also 5+ years age gab aint impossible right ?

Dex-chan lover
thanks for the translation!

eh coworkers will fire at you on the job sometimes, it happens all the time, trust me.

anyways, knowing she can come back to life i wonder if koharu will try to come back to feel love

Dex-chan lover
It is definitely harsh to give the mission to Koharu, but it does seem required after seeing how Aki-chan hasn't even moved on. Both of them have to, really.

Thank you for the translations! I hope we're back to action scenes next chapter, but it's not that I don't like the somber atmosphere too.

Supporter
Didn't really like that the author interrupted such a serious and impactful moment to begin the battle shounen-ish side of it
They gotta understand the mood of their own work, else the reader won't be able to feel the emotions if the girls just go commando in the middle of the drama

Supporter
Didn't really like that the author interrupted such a serious and impactful moment to begin the battle shounen-ish side of it
They gotta understand the mood of their own work, else the reader won't be able to feel the emotions if the girls just go commando in the middle of the drama
I understand it was a great way to setup the cupid that acts like a bitch but right in the first gig is unfair

Dex-chan lover
wait, so she has the ability to come back to life, but you want her to set up her friend who confessed to her right before she died and is still hung up on her? Surely the solution is to just do a bunch of cupid-ing, come back to life, and engage in an illicit age-gap relationship!

Well then never been in love in this universe is extremely broken if you can get back to life.

Dex-chan lover
Maybe this is wishful thinking but I kinda don't think the series will go through with Aki finding a new love interest. Like pacing wise, why start the series with a chapter in the present then flashback to this big character defining moment, and then resolve it before getting back to the present

Users who are viewing this thread