[Lvl. 1 Scans] Seeking redrawers and/or typesetters, and JP->EN translators who love a challenge

Group Leader
Hi, I'm the proofreader and (temporary) translator for Lvl. 1 Scans. Lvl. 1 Scans started as a group for continuing the scanlation of the Level 1 Dakedo Unique Skill de Saikyou desu manga, and we're currently a 3-person team with AthK as the founder/cleaner/redrawer/typesetter/quality checker, ak0ztik as the translator, and yours truly as the proofreader.

First off, we would like to invite those who wish to try their hand at redrawing or typesetting, preferably both, no prior experience necessary as AthK would be more than willing to guide you through it. We have high-quality raws as well, which you can see in the chapters we've uploaded thus far, so you don't have to worry about having to work with low-quality scans. This would take a lot of burden off of AthK's shoulders and would allow us more time to work on a different series as well.

Secondly, we are seeking seasoned JP->EN translators for a series that no other group has touched on at the moment: My father became a cute VTuber girl! At the moment, I've translated the first chapter, which is what makes me a (temporary) translator for this group as well, and AthK is working on the redrawing/typesetting for this. The challenges involved in translating this are due to two big reasons: 1. lots of kanji without furigana—this would immediately pose a problem for many JP->EN translators, including myself, who rely on the furigana to actually be able to read the kanji, and I've had to spend quite some time consulting the Japanese dictionary for those words (thankfully my second language is Chinese, so it's a bit easier knowing how to search by radical and stroke count); 2. occassional use of Kansai-ben—this requires the translator to be familiar with Kansai dialect, or at least be diligent enough to research into what the particular terms might mean.

So, whether you're up for trying your hand at redrawing/typesetting, or if you're up for the JP->EN challenge, hit AthK up with a message, and you'll be invited to our work-only Discord.

Users who are viewing this thread