Machikado Mazoku - Vol. 3 Ch. 38 - Secrets of 10 Years Ago! Memories Shaped Like Petals

Power Uploader
Momo's scars actually make her look even cooler in her new outfit. Like totally metal.

@gapchoc
page 4 panel #3: So I can't get it back.

'帰れ' in 'だから 帰れない' means sth like going home/going back.
Shamilator's "so I can't get back" meant that she couldn't return, rather than being unable to get her core back.

Dex-chan lover
This manga is just too cute. I desperately need more. NAKAMA POWAH!

This is honestly my favorite plot chapter (including the raws). It has it all really.
1. Momo being willing to basically kill herself by giving all her blood and magical energy to breaking the seal (I never want anyone to say again that Momo is selfish). Mikan's curse going haywire because she was so worried for Momo was a nice touch. Even Lilith was against it, showing that she does care about Momo too.
2. Sakura! I love her so much. She is the best genius dork. It's good to know she will come back once Shamiko is strong enough to live her own life.
3. The scene where Sakura saved tiny Yuko's life was really touching, I had sad/hopeful music playing in my head during that. Sakura gave everything for a little girl she barely knew, because she was an innocent good hearted child that didn't deserve this fate.
4. Darkness Peach of course. Great design, completely adjusted to all of Shamiko's and Lilith fetishes. The tummy worship begins naow!
Kinda funny seeing everyone getting excited about Momo falling to darkness and being Shamiko's dependent, even though it will be undone next chapter lol
Actually surprised the black katana didn't appear this chapter.
There is a reason Momo isn't weakened right now. She isn't actually Shamiko's dependent here. She made a temporary contract with Lilith and it only made her fall, she isn't actually a real Dark Clan member. She didn't become a vassal. So everyone talking about marriage will have to wait a bit longer.
5. Shamiko getting super excited over Momo's outfit and all. Tummy touching included. She doesn't mind the scars at all, which was a worry Momo had.

There are some SoL chapters I like better, but this really was the most impactful story bead.

@BugDemon I think you messed your spoiler tag there, because I don't really the point of putting what happen in the next in spoilers, and then spoiling what they will probably talk about in that chapter lol

I’ve been waiting for this moment for a while! I ended up getting spoiled about Momo’s willingness to give blood and her fall to darkness from TV Tropes, and was super excited to see it play out. Of course, like everything in this manga, it’s a lot less dramatic in context, but it’s still amazing. Dark Momo is so cool looking.
It’s a shame that it’s temporary. Any of the people following the raws know if she gets the form back later?

@Ashuras
Nah, they don't talk about that in the next chapter. It's a detail that actually goes mostly unexplained.
What I put into the spoiler actually happens next chapter, hence why I put it there.

@GurrenPrime5
I think that was still just as dramatic... consider that Momo would have died from that. She was willing to give her life without question.
Several times. In fact recently she almost stays in Dark Peach mode all the time. She gets a drug from Ogura that allows her to stabilize the form without becoming a vassal, so she can kinda switch between Mahou Shoujo and Dark Peach.

@BugDemon
I didn’t say that it wasn’t dramatic at all, it’s just that I’m used to really dark and dramatic magical girl series, so when I saw those spoilers my mind immediately went to the darkest, angstiest possible places.
She can switch forms at will? Hell yeah.

Fed-Kun's army
So after this finale eve of act 1, we have learnt so far:
+ The dork goat is tummy worshipper.
+ Shamiko actually has mana and maybe a lot. But since is has been taken away for Sakura core, the result is Shamiko can only shoot out a bullet as big as a tiny grape.
+ The opposite of Fresh Peach is not Spoiled Peach but Darkness Peach
+ So far we have seen 2 out of
5 (including half magical outfit for cheating studying)
suites of Peachy.
+ Sakura is a fine lady, and dork too.
+ Dark clan horns are actually a handle
+ The one horn seems like the only good guy here. But due to her dull brain, she easily becomes evil. Or at least other people think so 🤔
+ All starter material seems about to be burnt up. New material will be introduced soon.
+ Momo is 100% gay for Shamiko and vice versa. The anime OP has admitted.
+ HOLDING HAND! Lewd!

===============================
@gurrenprime5
This actually her new power, the ability to switch between 2 clans. It is a build for her to be in god tier with Shamiko since there will be more new (strong) characters introduced later.

Thanks for typesetting this!

I'm just gonna start leaving translation nitpicks in every chapter thread for people who want a more accurate(?) handle on what's going on. There are stuff that are pretty awkwardly phrased throughout, but for the most part I'll just note things that may have slightly changed the context.

Page 1, first panel on the left, was, "Stop with the horn handles!" in original text. I feel Shamiko straight up referring to her own horns as handles is a bit strange.

Page 2, panel three, it would be better to word it as, "Do we just have to break the ancient seal?". "Is it fine" sounds like a moral question, which isn't what she was concerned with.

Page 4, panel two, says, "Because my appearance is something like a mirage from your memories, meaning it'll disappear soon".

Page 6, panel two, "Delusions" was used a few chapters ago, I don't know why it's now translated as "phantom voice". Panel three's ending bubble and Sakura's comment on panel four are the same, don't know why they're different here.

Page 7, panel two, right to left, says, "The treatment I did turned out to be a stopgap.", "After becoming a core, having nearly no mana left to hold the form of a cat, you were the one that came to my mind". Sakura provided no emphasis of "one and only", and it could be important to learn that keeping a animal-shaped core still requires mana.

Page 10, panel three, nothing important, I just want to note that Sakura's speech pattern, as you may have noticed from other panels, is extremely casual. As a response to Shamiko asking, "Isn't that way too hard?", she answered "It's super hard."

Page 11, panel one, spaced panel says, "she disappeared...". Shamiko was also planning to "toss" the memories like she imagined Momo doing to her in multiple occasions.

Page 12, panel one, "I see, even if you have an unfair weapon, you'll get cornered if the wielder has no stamina! The demon has remembered that!"

Page 13, from panel two, some general wording, "Wait, aren't you kinda black?", "I fell to darkness and came.", "I don't get it at all!".

Dex-chan lover
Time for Momo's descent into madness. Can't wait for the next dozen chapters, because those are when this series get really crazy.

Also, Momo's belly is excellent.

Dex-chan lover
From "A drop of my blood? Don't be crazy."

To "Killing myself for Shamiko? Yeah, sure."

Oh I almost forgot... I also love how Sakura basically called Shamiko stupid, because she can't explain the situation with our goat demon's limited brains lol

@yurirei
About Shamiko's mana: I don't think that's the case at all. Sakura only took small amounts of mana from her every day. Yuko was way too weak to handle getting more than a tiny bit taken until she grew horns, so I don't think Sakura would have taken much. Considering that after 10 years she can only materialize for like 5 minutes in a dream.
Momo and Lilith have both remarked that Shamiko has very little mana capacity and that the consistency of her mana sucks. She trains it a bit later, so her reserves certainly grow, but she doesn't have a great capacity or anything.

Dex-chan lover
Sakura is the Big Boss of Machikado Mazoku. Really think about it.

Fed-Kun's army
@BugDdemon
I don't think so.
- First of all, both Lilith and Momo didn't know that Shamiko carrying a magical girl's core. And they don't even know that Sakura could do that.
- Secondly, magical girls' ethe body has at least 3 different stages. And it might very much be a level for MG mana. Human size which consumed a high mana, animal size which is a signal of mana is lost at warning level, and the core is a hibernation. Because of it, she can only staying human form for very short time.
- Third, there is no third point. I just hope if my prediction is correct, I would be dying to see Momo animal form and thr picture of her being held in Shamiko arms.

Users who are viewing this thread