Machikado Mazoku - Vol. 4 Ch. 47 - Ancestor’s Dojo!? The Demon’s Ultimate Weapon!

Double-page supporter
Can we like, not, have her talk like that. It makes it hard to read.

@Ryou
I'm assuming you're talking about Lilith? If so, then I agree. I get the idea that they're going for, and I wouldn't be surprised if she spoke archaically in the Japanese version, too, but it's really distracting.

Dex-chan lover
@Ryou I think that's the point, accents and cultural difference considering the time. That's part of her character. We know this from the anime too... Is not like we're kids, we can look it up.

Also Momo is still the cutest!!

I hope the author recovers soon and stop pushing her/his body so hard.

I want to give Lilith a great big hug. ;~; She's had such a rough life.

Yes, Lilith does speak in archaic language when she's feeling full of herself. She's old. It's a thing.
Maybe tone it down, but it is one of her defining characteristics.

KZO

Dex-chan lover
Shamiko handles AoE inside dreams better than magical girls now. It's hilarious that the staff works better on her than with anyone else because of her brain.

Momo smell like momos as expected, and obviously it's a pleasant scent for Shamiko, she should try sniffing her directly instead of through the blanket.

Group Leader
mainly, lilith just uses old fashioned pronouns
お主(onushi) instead of 貴方(anata)
余(yo) instead of 私(watashi)
it's an endearing trait to me

Fix is up. The "shouldst" and the "canst" on page 72 were the distracting parts that really stood out to me so I fixed those. Let me know if there's any other part that maybe goes a bit too far. Giving us specific page numbers and panels will help us fix things faster.

Dex-chan lover
I like that the moment Ryo says, "Think of video game weapons." Shamiko immediately starts kicking butt.

Also, Do people really find Lilith's speech that hard to read? It's very lightweight compared to Shakespeare, y'know.

@Fusang I agree. I like it a lot too.

^ Removing my comment as it seems the message did get across. To be clear I do think scanlations, overall, probably do do more good for the community and publishers on both sides (source and target language) than harm. However, it's important to always be aware that it's a grey zone and not assume that fan scanlations will have the approval of the authors (especially if they hang around after an official license).

Since the message didn't get sent to Ito, I guess no harm was done in the end.

(I would encourage english readers to vote for the series to be licensed as well. You could alternatively/additionally purchase the Japanese volumes, but the license fee/royalties from being licensed, even if not tremendous, would likely still total to be more than your individual purchases.)

@solfalling Ouch. But we deserved that criticism. I've removed the Japanese message entirely from the credits. I know it's illegal and we'd take all of our stuff down if asked to. I would absolutely love to see this work get officially licensed, but for the time being for this and many other series, scanlation is the only way for us to be able to read it in English. We didn't send it to Ito, no. I would have shut down that idea really quickly if it got proposed. The raws we're using were purchased from ebookjapan, not pirated. Although scanlating is piracy, we still want to do what we can to support the author and the series.

I'm very sorry if that was seen as out of line to you or any other readers. I'll do what I can make sure that doesn't happen again.

If any of you would also like to see this series get an official English translation, please suggest this manga to Seven Seas Entertainment in their November/December reader survey: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSflZCMPrD6ciH_NXAY5pZPyvC2z293xWMoMnsIwqvghmN6hjA/viewform

@gpot97
As you already removed it, I dunno what was written that riled solfalling up, but I do hope you don't take down the translations. Although as sol said, neither authors or publishers would officially condone fan translation, many of them (at least among authors) understand that these provide exposition of their works and can lead to sales upon licensing (and even for currently licensed manga). After all, we do not get the magazines to get an idea of what each manga is about. People normally would not buy stuff they know little about... At least I buy manga I like enough after reading it online (I do the same with books)...

In this particular case I even went and bought the 5 volumes in Japanese, even though I can't read them XD... At any rate, I'm grateful for these translations. (For the record, normally I would wait for official English but the recent news prompted me to go with this)

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for translating this. I hope the author gets better.

If Shamiko can actually do something remotely similar to what she just did this chapter while awake, she'd quickly become pretty OP.

I wonder if Lilith and Momo might eventually become close friends considering how similarly dark/evil the two are.
And I really want to see Momo's reaction to seeing Lilith's real form, or going into her sealed space. Would Momo start being nicer to her seeing the incredibly lonely blonde Shamiko?

Users who are viewing this thread