Machikado Mazoku - Vol. 6 Ch. 66.5 - Spinoff Demons

Dex-chan lover
Fanny pack across the chest manager lol
Can't get any more "hip" than that

@fatalystic i think the author meant the day mikan was born, which was listed on the 3rd volume cover chapter (IIRC correctly it's on November)

I love this chapter so much and will treat it as canon even though... it may not be.

@Loona_Roses
No, this chapter is definitely canon. It just happens before the Ogura rescue arc. Don't misunderstand the "Spinoff" title. That's just to make distinct that it's not a proper chapter as it just suddenly got shoved into the middle of an important arc.

Also I feel like less people will look at this chapter just because of the .5 in the title... sigh.

Dex-chan lover
@BugDemon I skip chapters like this sometimes myself if it's in the middle of an arc and the rest of that arc is already available, but I do that knowing the chapter could still be good. If I miss out on it in that moment it's not like it's going to evaporate. Hell, even if it did vanish off this site in particular it's probably gonna be on others still. That's one of the benefits of this scanlation deal, the aggregators are pretty awful websites most of the time, but they keep things from going completely tits up and disappearing sometimes.

@Glomoro
There are people who skip the bonus page .5 "chapters" by principle, so they may not ever realize that this was a complete chapter with important character moments.
I dont really understand why one would skip a single page anyway, but in this case where it's an entire chapter it's a pretty big loss. The title didnt help I am sure.

Well whatever. It's up to everyone to make their own choices, good or bad.

@BugDemon
My worry, that it is not canon, comes from Ito's potential lack of involvment in it and how it is basically a filler chapter. These types of situations often end up being rendered non canonical by later chapters. I guess we just have to wait and see if any of the information here gets contradicted in later chapters.

@Loona_Roses
...but Itou drew it. She made that chapter. I don't understand what you mean by "lack of involvement"? It may be filler in so far that it doesn't advance the plot, but it's all just stuff that happened. Mikan's birthday for example already took place for sure, because the story is past it. Do you consider the omake/overflow pages canonical? If you do then this is canon too.

Dex-chan lover
One important thing in 68.5 is Mikan accepting that she's a mama by letting her daughter call her that. I don't think Ito would EVER have thrown that in as a non-canonical item.

I love Momo's latest awful outfit. A "Peach Girl" tee over a long sleeve camouflage pattern shirt.

@thofheinz
Don't anyone dare diss our perfect trash girl's perfect trash shirt!

PEACH GIRL
Okay, I am
cool woman
Yeahhhh

@Loona_Roses
The thing is... Itou doesn't have assistants. She is a solo artist. That's why she constantly is at the verge of collapse. I know that some people helped her out for covers before or for merch, but she usually does the chapters on her own.

Users who are viewing this thread