Made in Abyss - Vol. 12 Ch. 66 - Bottom Layer

Dex-chan lover
Well...this explains how the twins died in that side chapter but then are still alive nowadays somehow...different twins but same names.

But dang did not actually expect them to really be all that important, what the heck could it really mean though.

Dex-chan lover
Well the opening was pretty typical horny made in abyss but I loved the transition to the mystery of the abyss and then back to the surface with what feels like a new inky art style. Not sure if we saw it before or if it’s just more pronounced more but I like it
Ozen said something about the Curse spilling there, which I assume "there" means Orth. Maybe the heavier ink is meant to imply the surface is currently in danger?

Dex-chan lover
Happy to see Ozen again!

Also, I wonder how much time has passed by on the surface now 🤔
Or perhaps this is something that happened in the past (when Riko's group reached 5th layer and so on) cause of the time dilation that happens in the abyss

Well the opening was pretty typical horny made in abyss but I loved the transition to the mystery of the abyss and then back to the surface with what feels like a new inky art style. Not sure if we saw it before or if it’s just more pronounced more but I like it
we've seen the more sketchy/inky art style before and it usually indicates a side story/plot apart from Rikos story. iirc the Narehate village flashback was in a similar style

Find Jesus Tsukushi, before you find the inside of a jail. Holy shit this fucking manga...

That said.... we're finally in the 7th layer. That central panel with the pendant simbol was giving all sorts of ominous vives, it really feels like we're about to hit some big revelations. Then again, knowing this motherfucker that revelation will probably open up like 8 more questions. So what the hell is up with the twins? What the hell is up with that island in general? I remember someone comparing it to a venus flytrap, def feels that way.

Dex-chan lover
Man, Faputa just really like Riko.

The twin thing has me worried that they're heralds for something. Really want to see more Ozen. She's the only one who seems to actually be solving problems, and she can totally do it shonen style by bashing heads in.

Dex-chan lover
Welp... I am happy that people caught on how much Tsukuchi gives ZERO FUCKS and are taking his antics in stride.

Faputa on fuzzball mode during this chapter.

Srajo is a delicate person XD, and her subordinate is a total bro.

Ozen having her "enthusiastic walk".

Last edited:
Aggregator gang
I thought I heard Srajo's recommendation of "hello abyss" before, double checked and "hello abyss" is the name of the game mode in the Made in Abyss video game where you play as Riko and Reg whereas "deep in abyss" is the mode for your player character. Makes me wonder what Tsukushi is going for with that.

Dex-chan lover
big sad incoming ain't it also what the fuck was that whole bath scene sequence

Double-page supporter
I swear this whole story is just Tsukushi trolling his editors to see how much he can get away with.

Editor:"So you're telling me the nude amputee lolis are necessary to the story?"

Tsukushi:"Yes of course, they represent their innocent and pure state of mind"

Editor:"And the ass licking monster from before was a deep and complex theme too?"

Tsukushi:"Totally necessary, trust me bro :haa:"
From the interview I saw the editor is the true madman.

Tsukushi: "I had an idea but it is a bit too extreme, better leave that for doujinshis"
Editor: "No, let's put it in and make it part of the plot."

The editor also is the one who came up with some of the more extreme stuff himself. The curse was the editor idea according to Tsukushi. "it came to him in a dream"

Users who are viewing this thread