Magan to Dangan o Tsukatte Isekai o Buchinuku! - Vol. 2 Ch. 11

Not going to lie, was expecting whoever was typesetting to switch out the guildmaster’s name with Fanservice for one of the times her name was said

Dex-chan lover
11 chapters in 2 years LMAO this is def one of the slowest series i've ever read, legit wouldn't surprise me if it got axed

Even if it is a machine translation, still a very well done job!

You don't have to be Afraid of the whole hord of Monsters when you arm with the Sniper Rifle, can't wait to see that on the Next Chapter.

This is a tremendous job. Kudos on that. And please keep it up! I LOVE this manga!
Thanks a ton!!

Dex-chan lover
The mc is a fucking idiot, there’s no reason to not have those villagers go unpunished, I don’t care why they did it, they could have had an innocent adventure killed because of that

Also dark elf is best girl

Dark skin
Voluptuous
Fucking GLASSES

Top tier wife

Fed-Kun's army
Thank you for the double release.

@AFresherPerspective
That's why you are not a protagonist with a rabbit girl.

Your thoughts makes me think of you as arrogant, you need more humility.

Truth be told regarding honorifics or non-honorifics, I believe you should simply choose to use whichever comes naturally to you - but I would also encourage you to stick with your choice through your releases for each particular title as much as possible for consistency. Esp if some settings seem to esp favor one or the other tack to adopt.

There are lots and lots of perspectives and opinions about all that sort of thing that have been floating around for years, and plenty of ppl with all kinds of intense, half baked, well thought out, crazy or cool-headed opinions, etc.

Group Leader
@The_Enderwolf The thought never once crossed my mind ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°). But in seriousness, I do try to keep the translation "clean" from that kind of thing, though it's hard to hold back from putting something silly in some bubbles sometimes. (especially with the kind of gibberish I sometimes get from machine translations,)
If I make any jokes it'll probably be in a form of an unobstructive TL note.

@Nozomi I think I will stick to Japanese style then (unless I get some overwhelming amount of comments to do otherwise, which doesn't seem likely) , well, they don't really "come natuarally" but I also don't wanna switch it up from chapter to chapter like you said. I will say that sometimes it can be a bit hard to pick up on whether a chracter is using a honorific or not and what they use but hopefully I'll get better at recognizing it with time. I did start learning Japanese recantly and although I'm still a big noob some of the basic knowledge already came in handy when translating.

Dex-chan lover
Hey there, translator. Thank you for your continuing efforts. And since you asked...

Always
Always
ALWAYS

use the Japanese honorifics. The Englsh "equivalents" are not at all equivalent in both flow and context. As I'm sure you know, there are at least a dozen ways to refer to one's elder sibling, and they are all laden with individual meaning and status. Calling someone "Big Sis" or "Big Bro" communicates none of this information and sounds completely janky to any native English speaker's ear, no matter which part of the world they speak English in.

99.9% of you audience here fluently understands honorifics and other indicators of social status, family terms, and many culinary terms as well. If Kaa-san and Onee-chan say “Itadakimasu” before eating okonomiyaki at an onsen in Hokkaido during Golden Week, you don't have to try to explain any of that. For things like that, romaji is translation enough. If you are still in doubt, just gloss it in the margins, just in case some newbies are actually picking your translation as their First Manga Evar.

The average manga reader reads a lot of manga, so Japanese terms are as invisible as water is to a fish. Needless attempts at pointless English localization however are jarring and push the reader out of the flow of what they are reading. Never change Yuuki -san to Mr. Yuuki or Alice-sama to Dame Alice or Tomo-aneki to Big Sis Tomo. It's inaccurate, and it actually hides information.

Thank you for the translations.
Honorifics? Personal pref is Japanese, since there are honorifics and titles that make since in Jap, but are silly or awkward in English. For example, sempai.
As people have said though, pick one, be consistent, and only whiners will really complain.

What part of her is dignified? She is sitting in front of you basically butt naked. There is nothing dignified about that.

Users who are viewing this thread