Magic Artisan Dahlia Wilts No More

I'm sticking with this version, not only just for more insight into the development processes for the devices, but also for how much the characters are shining through them.

Not to mention, I like the visual metaphor for the wilting flower shown throughout. It's clear that the artist is capable of more than just drawing pretty faces.

Aggregator gang
oh so this artist using a straight story line from the start while the other artist using a flashback to tell the reader of the backstory

I hope there'll be an update soon, this seems really good and like it'll really pick up from here!

i am confused, why are both versions of this manga following the same story line... i thought one of them (likely this one) would follow her early years ....

Dex-chan lover
The cheating ho got teary, really? And the bastard dont get a punch in the face? Wth.

so its just a different serialization between Mag Garden & Kadokawa on same story?

Fed-Kun's army
Honestly, this version is so much better than the other one. There’s backstory development and although it’s not as much as the novel for sure, but at least it doesn’t just skip straight ahead like the other publication. The characters have way more depth in this version and even though it’s taking more chapters to get to the same point in the story, I think it’s actually really well paced. The other one just rushes through any form of development. The art and dialogue here is way more dynamic and unique and the characters feel a lot more real. The other version is almost like a shallower caricature of this one LOL so I’m actually kinda confused as to who allowed 2 simultaneous publications of the same LN lmao people are bound to compare them. either way it’s kinda interesting to me that the plot is essentially the same but the overall tone is so different because of the storytelling

Dex-chan lover
Why the heck are there 2 versions?
https://mangadex.org/title/36829/magic-artisan-dahliya-won-t-hang-her-head-a-free-craftsman-life-from-now-on
and
https://mangadex.org/title/36830/magic-artisan-dahliya-won-t-hang-her-head-dahliya-wilts-no-more

So which one is better or should I read both?

Dex-chan lover
@monkey123 IMO this one is a wee bit simplified version of the other one, what's been simplified? The drama part that involve MC arguing with other character (read the other one lol you might get what I mean then).
This one also feel some gaps that the other version mentioned like the bit with...
Creating an magic invention part.

They both are great TBH.
But if you want more like.. background I suppose(?) read this one first and read the alternate version later cos essentially it's the same story but with the alter version as I have said provide more about the arguing part thing in the case you want to see more of those arguments (sorry I'm not sure how to explain it properly).

@monkey123 They both approach the same story pretty differently. I personally prefer this one, but I know there are many that prefer the other one and I'll probably just continue to read both. Since there aren't many chapters out for either, I would recommend trying both and seeing which you like better.

OMG I JUST REALIZED IN THE LATEST CHAPTER That he practically didint5care if dahlia was a man or woman OMG THE YAOI POTENCY OF THIS IS HIGH!!!!!! I am hyped af. Now i kinda wish dahl was actually a guy XD

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

;v; I love both these renditions. I'm going to continue reading both.

I enjoy both, but I also prefer the other one. At first, I thought I'd like this ones pacing more, but I think the other one really showcases Dahlia's character. This one gives a lot of background character detail, in more depth than the josei one I guess, like for example her ex, since this one's aimed at guys they're really trying to show his character? And the other one doesn't as much since he woman wouldn't really care, I guess. Also as a female, I like the background details of her inventions, and would prefer to see it in the one aimed at women too, but while we don't get as much in that version, they show enough of what's important. Also, I find the art style of the other one a lot more expressive, it really adds to the feel and does an amazing job of showing Dahlia's relationships, my fave so far is how her relationship with her dad was portrayed, and it really suits her character. It definitely seems more feminine while this one does seem more suited to a masculine audience. I like the pacing of both, I don't think I have a preference, however some of the scenes looked really different in each version. It feels like outfits are being paid a lot more attention to the other version, and I like that, as I do have a bit of interest in fashion and design. The art in both is beautiful, the backgrounds in this one though, I find more memorable. Honestly, I think I've found my preference, but I'm definitely enjoying both, so I'm very grateful, and I really hope no one drops one or the other because there's a lot to be seen in either version, and making comparisons is so much fun, and really interesting. As the story progresses, thing will become more pronounced, so I'm sticking around. AND THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR TRANSLATING!!!

Supporter
I prefer the other one for the art and the story flows better. This one is more exposition-heavy, so I'm reading it mainly for the extra bits of lore and backstory.

Users who are viewing this thread