Magic Artisan Dahlia Wilts No More

I'm loving these updates. I read both variations of this manga and I like them both equally. thanks so much for the translations!!!!!!

Sem

Dex-chan lover
This one is more skillfully done imo.
The artist is good at backgrounds and paneling. The other adaption isn't bad, but they use a lot of screentones in place of drawing environments, and explains things in captions instead of drawing it happening in real time.
Sumikawa is good at "show, don't tell"

1 chapter in and he freaking made the promise
HE WOULD NEVER KEEP
especially after reading the fan translated light novel. The nerve of this brat,
"unintentionally" putting his name into the stove top burner patent just because they'll be married in the future? F you, claiming something that was not even your work. It could've made more perfect sense if he used his last name Orlando or at the very least a MR. and MRs. claim but NOOO you 🤬 just put TOBIAS ORLANDO????? 😠
AGH if i fricking get isekai'd in this world even as a random bystander i wanna freaking throw tomatoes at his face and off him if possible 😈

anyways, I'm ready to see how they'd play out the allegedly slow romance of the century 🤔
since someone reviewed the light novel after reading till 150th ch and no fundamental development yet, aka misunderstandings and unconcious denial.
Hoping so much for greater romance development because ML seems to be CUTE af 🤭

Group Leader
Wait, there are two manga? Different artists, or is one WN vs LN, or what?

Wow, this one is way better! Here’s why:

Pros:
Art style is so detailed and gorgeous
More vivid characterizations & relationships
Immersive

Cons:
Slower paced, so less story
Fewer chapters
Sometimes given too many details

Personally, I prefer this version for both the art and the story. The other version’s art is fine, just very shoujo-generic, so it’s a bit bland.

Also, sometimes this one gives too many details about magic mechanics, but it expands so much more on each character’s connections. We get to see Tobias grow up with Dahlia and how crazily their relationship changed (plus details into how scummy he is). We also get to see the adorable relationship Dahlia had with her father rather than just the fact she had a father and he was a magic artisan like her. In this one, you can really feel the affection between father and daughter, as well as the warmth between friends.

Read this version for a more beautiful, fleshed-out story and read the other for quick plot gratification.

is the web novel more ahead? this manga is too good to wait months for a chapter 😥

i'll be honest but reading this without reading the alternate story is really confusing. idk if there is any connection though, but still, it's kind of feel off when I didn't read the other one...

Users who are viewing this thread