Mahou Sekai no Uketsukejou ni Naritai desu!

Dex-chan lover
This is fun read. But is still find this overall too simplistic. Lack of drama can make people hard to finding the meaning of the event. The trial was terrible in a vague way. Gladly the story still not went bad in case of storytelling. There is a disappointment though. It could be more interesting..

Dex-chan lover
This series gets a lot of bonus points from me for not featuring reincarnation, summoning to another world, or going back to your younger self.

I really like this! It's pretty funny! 👍 but the wait time for updates is really lonf. I think it would be better if it updates quicker.

Dex-chan lover
is the raws weekly or monthly? i need to know the progression of the current arc badly.... if anybody know, can you
spoil for me
please?

I feel like the world is going to ship this pairing, regardless of what the actors themselves think.

I like this pairing at first but I wish the ML would do anything likable at all. It would have been nice if it introduced a second male love interest, just bc it’d be nice to see him worried.

Just found and read through it, thanks for the update!!
Gotta appreciate the receptionists that let you go on quests haha
The art is so pretty and I'm a sucker for rivals-to-lovers stories! u///u

Dex-chan lover
@no168_92 Quoted from ch 7 comment section, Biha:
Ok. Reading all of the comments..I feel obligated to explain a few things cuz I really like this story. It's not that I want to force you to read this just because you think it's not good about the ML( lockman) but I think the plot to is quite simple to understand.

1. I believe this story portrayed a simple plot seeing how fast the time planning in the story. Like the duration of her being a child aiming to be a receptionist then goes on become a student and graduating and then working live...it's simple to say that the main reason or plot about this story evolved around the FL.
I do find the part where she's always get second place quite disturbing but it is the choice of the writer to take that as romance moments. Cuz looking at how lockman behaved...the only way to messed up and attract the FL attention is to get her frustrated.

2. Her not accepting the 'lady' words from the maids. It's not that the lady here is about gender. But she's declining the word 'lady' as a tittle. Cuz she knows she's a commoner. So there's no shounen ai or whatever it is. Lol..

3. Lockman behaving quite rudely. Ok this is actually a fantasy-magic-related world. That being said.....both FL and lockman have strong power. Sooo...those violent action lockman did towards her also getting paid when she did it to him in the same way. But... looking at another perspective...I saw this part as an opportunity for lockman to actually hold her or perhaps flirt with her. Ok. I do find that part funny but please bear with me. HAHAHA.

4. Beast moment collab with ball moment. (Not a very good plot- by some viewer) ok for me...I don't have any problems with this part. Cuz I believe that this ball moment come so sudden will have something to do with lockman helped her and in the same time showed viewer about their relationship development. Tbh I've read the raw for chapter 8.
chapter 8 is soooo cute. She become a beautiful lady covering her face with mask and veil and at the ball she saw (spied?) Lockman behaviour with the princess...when suddenly a pig-headed man approach her like talking about food and somehow she end up dancing with him. And the king then using magic revealed every person face (true face) including her veil and mask vanished. But shockingly... lockman was the man that dance with her (the pig-headed man) and the 'lockman' she saw dance with the princess was a ( random?)man. Then the princess approach the real lockman and lockman covered FL with his (cloak?)so like their distance wassss soooo close and yeah...she still not taking that as him getting interested and like her. His father too and the king maybe...saw this and I just they knew all along that the one lockman has been Interested in the first place was her.

I take that part as romance development before she asked lockman to settle the beast issue. Moreover...I think the author wanted to emphasize about her really more than the beast issue..cuz I don't think the beast issue will last longer. Maybe the beast itself is the lost husband.

I wish there were faster updates but i understand the hard work that goes into these. Thank you translator team!

ML pisses me off. I'm not against the relationship, i just want to see some actual development where he's not constantly a dick just cuz "he's in love and that's just the way he flirts". If you keep acting towards people in a way they dont like dont be surprised if they dont like you because of it

Charming, straightforward, quick paced. I might love this to bits. And the twist that magical beasts are human adds some interest. It would be nice to see her actually fight something after studying so hard.

This series hooked me and made me google translate the webnovel oh my goodness.
Needless to say, whereas this isn't the best, the story gets more complex as the chapters go by.

And I don't know about the LN, but the WN had six arcs after graduation - 2 in the first year as receptionist, 2 in second year, and then another 2 arcs in the third year. Sooo it might take a while to get to the good/better parts since this manga is monthly.

I hope the manga makes the ending better.

Also, there wasn't much romance in the webnovel - it's there, of course, but it's more like a subplot. The story really revolves around MC and her being a receptionist. There wasn't any second lead, which I'm thankful for.

Absolutely agreed with CatythCatmunchr, except I'm actually against the romantic relationship at this point. I seriously don't like how it comes out of nowhere, the two characters were rivals, and there wasn't a hint of romance until the silly dance. Side characters left and right keep forcing them into these kind of situations, this feels unnatural and forced as hell, especially when Marisa exists.

This is the only thing I don't like about this manga, I hope this doesn't actually develop in a relationship for the MC but things are set straight for both of them.

Though I assume it's just gonna end up in more forced romance till mc and ml are together -_-.

The story actually has more hidden plot. The plot is revolve around the magic world. Still, even with what the revelation to Nunnaly, until the end she still stay true to her true calling..as a receptionist.

And the romance
Like what previous comment said, this story is not focused on romance. The romance is just really really small part of side dish. The MC is really...really dense to her own feeling and kind of naive. And ML, well he has some difficulty regarding to his feeling.
In later chapter, the dance part, where ML's father ask Nunnaly to investigate regarding ML's true feeling about the princess as his fiance, he replied to Nunnaly about some law. And I think the law (or rather the background of said law) is the hint about his real feeling.

And about how he is really 'mean' to MC, nah he got a good reason to his behaviour (and it is NOT about how male want to get attention from his crush). If you looked closely at his behaviour, there is some turning point to when he is kind of indifferent to become 'antagonistic' to MC. (and it is later revealed why he did so to MC).

And ML,beside their rivalry, is actually can be protective to MC and helpful to MC (he actually give a hint to how to do some magic that MC find it hard to do). And even until the end, he do what is really helpful to MC. (he really know her so well)

I can’t be the only one who hates the relationship between the fl and ml... no chemistry, extremely forced. I am pretty sure that they will force them to be in a ‘situation’ where their opinions of several years get ignored and forgotten and the sudden new site will rule everything.. I am really hoping for no romance.... and the 2nd best complex reminds me too much of Misaki and Usui Takumi... but our ML has absolutely no charm, the side characters ignore his ugly treatment towards the fl and the fl does absolutely nothing to distance herself from her ‘nuisance’.

I thought that might be the case, but for it to really be the case!! So cuuuute! Gosh, I’m dying to know what he’s trying to say. He even called her a beautiful and lovely lady! Gosh, catch the hint, damn it!

Users who are viewing this thread