Mahou Shoujo ♡ Misoji - Vol. 2 Ch. 8 - What if a magical girl goes to school...

Dex-chan lover
If it wasn't up for discussion you wouldn't be bringing it up while trying to be insulting, like entitled trolls. It should be obvious that chapters are the place to commiserate or argue about a series taking a stupid turn.

Even when you set aside series comparisons and cultural apologetics you have about sexualizing a canonically innocent child, this was inconsistent and weak storytelling.
Cultural apologetics? Insonsistent and we- my brother in Christ, what storytelling? This is standard fare for anime and manga. If you don't like anime and manga, you can at least stop engaging with it. I don't like Chinese stuff. You know what I don't do? Read eight chapters of it, then complain when they start bringing up Confucian philosophy. I especially don't start telling the world that the authoritarian themes ruined the story for me, as if I ever liked it in the first place.

There's a minimum level of buy-in that you need for works from different countries. In Japan's case, it's Fanservice, Wabi Sabi, long, abstract speeches about everyday events, and every single thing, living creature, and concept being turned into a cute girl. If you're not on board with that, you fundamentally dislike the entire thing, and you're just pretending to enjoy it for some unknown reason.

It's like reading comic books, then complaining about all the vigilantes.

Dex-chan lover
ahh how adorable...and she's kind of a moron, and of course the friends are the ones that will carry her with the secret keep hidden.

Dex-chan lover
Cultural apologetics? Insonsistent and we- my brother in Christ, what storytelling? This is standard fare for anime and manga. If you don't like anime and manga, you can at least stop engaging with it. I don't like Chinese stuff. You know what I don't do? Read eight chapters of it, then complain when they start bringing up Confucian philosophy. I especially don't start telling the world that the authoritarian themes ruined the story for me, as if I ever liked it in the first place.

There's a minimum level of buy-in that you need for works from different countries. In Japan's case, it's Fanservice, Wabi Sabi, long, abstract speeches about everyday events, and every single thing, living creature, and concept being turned into a cute girl. If you're not on board with that, you fundamentally dislike the entire thing, and you're just pretending to enjoy it for some unknown reason.

It's like reading comic books, then complaining about all the vigilantes.
You're way off topic as well. I mean, I'm proud of you for the interesting lecture? But it's simplistic to tell people to stop reading over something small. Tropes aren't evil. imo, everything in this chapter aside from the main character's pages has been pulled off better in other series. I didn't like how it fit together. I will go out on a limb and say some of the criticisms you're concerned about can be as valid as our opinions, and not define anyone's character, because life is complicated.

Dex-chan lover
You can't say reasonable disagreement when you started your previous post by making accusations of insults and calling people entitled trolls.
And fact that what you say after is at least borderline personal attack against me and telling me to "touch grass" kinds of invalidates the rest since you could have expressed yourself without being condescending and insulting.

As for this part, I've read again your post and I kinda missed the context, you did say "Even when you set aside" all the fanservice and said the storytelling itself was weak, not due to the fanservice.
My reading comprehension failed me there.
I'm dumb.
So I apologize for the second part of my post m(_ _)m
I see where you're coming from. I didn't take "touch grass" personally, since I read it as saying "calm down" by literally feeling nature or by using a plant drug. You're right it comes off as way too dismissive. Trolling was mostly a reference to the guy who seemed to be going the deepest into culture war generalizations which surprised me. I'll try to be more aware of those terms, though I'm often a shoddy communicator. Thanks for responding.

Dex-chan lover
I see where you're coming from. I didn't take "touch grass" personally, since I read it as saying "calm down" by literally feeling nature or by using a plant drug. You're right it comes off as way too dismissive. Trolling was mostly a reference to the guy who seemed to be going the deepest into culture war generalizations which surprised me. I'll try to be more aware of those terms, though I'm often a shoddy communicator. Thanks for responding.
Pretty sure nobody ever uses "touch grass" in a positive way lol
Saying someone is trolling is easy to derail things since many people use that to disregard what others say.
"Shoddy communicator", so an average human being? :dogkek:

Dex-chan lover
Eh! madoka... oh no madoka!
image.png

If this was 20 years ago yall would at least claim she's a 2000 year old dragon or some shit, which is frankly, better.

This is the first time I've seen the term "tourist" being flinged around as an insult. Perhaps I've really gotten out of touch with the ultra-weeb community from too much grass touching.

Japan for all it's glory, has a persistent pedo problem since forever.

Supporter
I don't understand why tourists feel the need to announce their departure. Is there some cathartic effect here I'm just missing? And why the pot shots at the people who actually enjoy manga/anime?
I don't understand why you need to announce that you don't understand (normal) behavior. Or why I'm commenting on your comment?

Hmmm I guess we all just like to write things on the internet

Dex-chan lover
Good chapter overall, although the fanservice of the young girl at the beginning was confusing. Let's be honest, some of us did want fanservice, but we wanted it of the middle aged office lady, even if her body wasn't perfect.

Hell, nowadays people like a little fat here and there.
People bathing aren't fanservive

Dex-chan lover
If this was 20 years ago yall would at least claim she's a 2000 year old dragon or some shit, which is frankly, better.

This is the first time I've seen the term "tourist" being flinged around as an insult. Perhaps I've really gotten out of touch with the ultra-weeb community from too much grass touching.

Japan for all it's glory, has a persistent pedo problem since forever.
Maybe you're the one with pedo problem if you actually have a problem with a child having a bath lol. A fictional one as well

Dex-chan lover
I'm not going to pretend to be morally outraged about the scene or anything, but it does nothing to develop the character or advance the plot. It's a bit of a Chekhov's Gun situation in an otherwise well written series to this point. If she's in the bath, it seems like there should be some reason for it, rather than 'this is just the author working in some fanservice of a 12 year old.'

(Now, put the MC in the bath, even for no reason, and I am entirely down for it. Gimme dem 30-something OLs.)
So what does putting the mc in bath do to develop the plot or the character? Typical hypocrisy often seen among tourists lol

Dex-chan lover
Why was I assaulted with a bath scene, esp of a 12 year old.

C'mon, this was supposed to be a gag manga.

Dex-chan lover
I don't understand why you need to announce that you don't understand (normal) behavior. Or why I'm commenting on your comment?

Hmmm I guess we all just like to write things on the internet
That was obviously an admonishment in the form of an exclamation. And surely even you can see the follow up question. You know, the one where I wonder if there's a cathartic effect I'm missing? Did you just read the first sentence and get to typing? Come on, think things through before answering.

Tourist complains about standard anime things-> I point out there's no need for tourists to complain to the world about standard anime things.

Next up: Tourist complains about all the vigilantes in his super hero comics.

Dex-chan lover
I thought this chapter was a bit too ... actual mahou shoujo plot ... instead of solid parody.

It works in moderation but I'm here to watch a grown woman and the bunny mascot embarrass themselves.

Dex-chan lover
Ignoring the annoying folk yapping about shit they'll never agree on and just want to throw mud at each other, this chapter was just straight out of a normal magical girl book lol. It's still funny but the series gimmick was just immediately lost if it's not about how a grown woman is handling all of this.
Or maybe it's a setup to a next-chapter punchline, contrast anime girl cutesy reactions to grown ass old lady (and 20 year old too?) reactions.

Users who are viewing this thread