Mainichi Ie ni Kuru Gal ga Kyorikan Zero Demo Yasashiku nai - Ch. 5

Dex-chan lover
uhwUgWX.png

dnsTwKv.jpeg

Thanks for the chapter!

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the TLs, just discovered this one myself.

At least this one does promote some semblance of weight loss realism in the words. Even if it was mostly the previous chapter about food intake.

I also appreciate main girl getting a knee injury for jogging, though that shouldn't happen for what is revealed to be her weight.

The art's cute, but depicting the main girl as overweight is pushing it. For her stated weight and assumed height (I'm going to assume around 5 foot 6/ 170cm, maybe slightly shorter since Japan), she's probably mildly chubby at best. Almost certainly would still have a model-like figure, as she didn't go out of her way for that initially. And well, her boobs are big, so that would certainly influence her weight.

Ultimately, I get that there is quite literally no story to tell if the main girl (and guy) do the realistic thing of slowly lowering intake (not even junk, just calorie intake... though as they're still growing, they don't want to limit calories too much; probably quarter to half pound a week on average max, so 125-250 calories deficit a day). Then they'll both slowly lose excess pounds, and in about a year or year and a half, they'll be considered normal and good again. Espeically so for main girl given her previous looks, but main guy would have mild gut at worst.

But the boring realism doesn't sell, and doesn't give the excuse of drawing main girl in suggestive manner, nor the wish fulfillment of hanging out with otherwise pretty girl I guess.

...And I guess promoting the need to exercise / Ring Fit (exercise is good, but if you live in a place like Japan, where you walk quite a bit, it's probably not strictly needed. If you do need a boost, probably better to just do a quick set or so of bodyweight exercises after small computer time break/ toilet/ before shower/ etc. Squats, pushup, pullup equivalent to target most muscles.).

...And that junk is outright bad (it is, but saying you can't have any while aiming to lose weight is nonsense).

-

If you're aiming to lose weight, it's like 80-90% on your food intake. Took you time to increase it, going to take you time to decrease it again. Your brain and body are less likely to cope well if you change too quickly. Seen a lot rebound hard from this, even under "safe" calorie deficits according to most information sources. Rebounded myself after all.

Oftentimes, it's easy to mistake thirst signals as hunger. So drinking some water will help stave that off (and it takes a small amount of energy for the body to utilize the water, so it adds up).

(Note: if you are carrying lots of fat, do remember that the belly fat in particular actively inhibits the "I'm full" signals to your brain. The time to travel there increases, alongside the amount it receives. If you have a large belly in particular, you do need some exercise to lose that and ward that off. It is actively harmful for you even if you are at a defined healthy weight otherwise.)

The other 10-20% is your activity, exercise, and muscle mass. Which can help with weight loss over time through calories used to fuel the activity, and small overall increase in calories burned to maintain the muscle. If you do strict exercise, focus more on strength over cardio/aerobic. Strength will take some load off your joints for the most common cardio anyway (jogging/running; like the main girl had the knee injury before). But starting out, any exercise is both.

Just make sure to have your protein and other nutrients. If you do still eat a good portion of junk, take a multivitamin supplement. Will help your body function over time. These should be relatively cheap for a large jar at places like Costco.

Ultimately, losing weight and being health conscious takes time and conscious effort if it wasn't already natural or no longer natural. If you can do it fast and maintain the results, go for it. But that typically makes it a gruelling ordeal. Going very slow is fine too. When it's easier and you (eventually) notice results, it'll be easy to keep doing so.

Dex-chan lover
Bloodborne. :hearts:

Also I'm pretty sure this author can't draw consistent bodies. The sister was THICC when she first showed up, like as big as the brother. Now she's thin.
He also keeps drawing the FMC with a perfect body and then calls her fat, but he only draws her fat in the first chapter

so there's no way to tell when she will reach her goal since her appearance already changed by the end of chapter 2 to what she used to look like before

Users who are viewing this thread