Mairimashita! Iruma-kun - Ch. 312 - What I absolutely wanted to say

Dex-chan lover
Another sniper for Iruma?
images

Dex-chan lover
not really a snipe, pretty sure misfit scans used to be /a/nonymous too just look at older scan notes and they mention changing it
Does it matter if they're used to be one?

Personally, it's more about "what if the other group with consistent history abandon this, and the new group only do this on a whim and abandon it" situation.

Dex-chan lover

Personally, it's more about "what if the other group with consistent history abandon this, and the new group only do this on a whim and abandon it" situation.
Why abandon something you were consistent about? Maybe I'm just headstrong but that's the part that sounds whimsical to me.

But that's not the point of your post. I think we've actually reached the point where Misfit scans is aware of how anti-snipe you guys are. I wouldn't be surprised if a good 50-70% of you haven't even opened the chapter at all.

Because I haven't, and I'm not even against multiple groups scanlating. I'm just more used to Misfits' translation style. I seriously doubt you have anything to worry about. You folks have been VERY vocal about being partial to them.

it's never happened and isn't going to now.
misfit and /a/nonymous took over in the first place because wicked was dragging ass and would bitch every time it got sniped

Dex-chan lover
Why abandon something you were consistent about? Maybe I'm just headstrong but that's the part that sounds whimsical to me.

As someone who has had multiple series sniped from them, after saying I was going to be translating them, I can answer this. While it may seem silly, seeing someone else release a chapter ahead of you and people flocking to it can make a translator feel rather shite. It’s like “why bother translating the series when someone else is doing it”. It saps one’s desire to TL a series. Btw one of the snipers stopped TLing after 2 chapters cause it blew up in their face.

Dex-chan lover
Sorry my misfits, but come on, it's not a "Let's put one chapter ahead to take over", it's a "They haven't keep up for a while and they are three weeks behind, I'll do it myself". I know the misfit group puts love into it, but this time, I can't side with them.

Users who are viewing this thread