Mairimashita! Iruma-kun - Ch. 337 - Premonition

Dex-chan lover
Things are gonna blow up worse than Nijisanji and Wactor combined... okay maaaaaybe not Wactor that's too dark for this series.

Contributor
I can see the author abstaining from another Harvest Festival like arc in terms of length, probably until the manga is nearing towards it's actual end (I'd assume it ends with HS graduation and some epilogue / outro of Iruma actually becoming the Maou.) Writing an arc that spans for like 4 volumes, which is almost an entire year's worth of weekly releases is quite a feat, in terms of writing prowess probably an epic. At the same time it's taxing for the author to write a gargantuan cohesive piece. In manga, it's very, very rare that an author decides to chain arcs of such epic proportions, pun intended. It's both draining from them to write, as well as for the readers to keep up (uh, what happened like 40 chapters ago? So you know, when I knocked up the wife and the baby has been born recently, you don't really remember what happened at the start of the Harvest Festival at chapter 40~~).

I also do believe the author is growing as an artist while writing Iruma, and I do not just mean their illustrated art, which you can compare to earlier volumes and find details that have gotten more pronounced. In terms of actual drawing skills, iirc Rave Master had the biggest sudden leaps of improved art quality from what I remember (around chapter 60ish Mashima decided to git gud at drawing speedrun any%). You can pretty much see how it went from Comiket Doujin newbie to Well-known Doujin creator to Reputable Magazine quality Mangaka within the span of some dozens of chapters. And now you probably only know Mashima because of Fairy Tail or Eden's Zero.

TLDR:
Those Devidol games might be closer than you think. I'll go out on a limb and say we're getting them summer 2025.

Tbf, this arc is super hype. Length-wise I expect it'll be in the ballpark of what we got for the music festival, so around 10-15 more chapters.
The heartbreaker exam arc was the last major 40+ chapter arc. And that was only about two years ago. The recent devilcum and the previous Battra arc are about only 17 chapters long. And we're currently on chapter 10 of the arc. Will this be the next harvest festival tier arc? Probably not. But with the way we're only just getting to the actual events of the arc make me feel this is definitely Music Festival length which is still around 30+ chapters.

The bigger thing about the placement of the arcs is that they do correspond with relative dates in the school year. You can't have the devidol games before summer and fall. And those are likely to be occupied by other arcs that can be as short as say the Royal One Arc or as long as the Music Festival. Because remember we're at the Spring of Year 2 still. We're still missing a Allocer arc after all no matter how small it is. Elizabetta remains the second most underutilized Misfit. And the Devidol games are as much a Kerori development section as a Chima development section.

Dex-chan lover
The heartbreaker exam arc was the last major 40+ chapter arc. And that was only about two years ago. The recent devilcum and the previous Battra arc are about only 17 chapters long. And we're currently on chapter 10 of the arc. Will this be the next harvest festival tier arc? Probably not. But with the way we're only just getting to the actual events of the arc make me feel this is definitely Music Festival length which is still around 30+ chapters.

The bigger thing about the placement of the arcs is that they do correspond with relative dates in the school year. You can't have the devidol games before summer and fall. And those are likely to be occupied by other arcs that can be as short as say the Royal One Arc or as long as the Music Festival. Because remember we're at the Spring of Year 2 still. We're still missing a Allocer arc after all no matter how small it is. Elizabetta remains the second most underutilized Misfit. And the Devidol games are as much a Kerori development section as a Chima development section.
Yep, yet predicting the sequence of events in the Irumaverse is something I seriously don't care about. There were series where I was disappointed by every foreseeable event and or development, like how most slice of life romcoms will have the baseball, beach etc. episodes. In this sense, most of the events in the Irumaverse are "predictable" since those events are part of the character's backstory (Idols, Boss of the Underworld, First Love, School Festivals etc.) All the cookie cutter clichés of the genré, but I don't care a single bit.

I really like how the world is designed and with what principles and morals the characters are presented. The elements of the story matter less if the story is written well, is what I wanted to say.

Dex-chan lover
The final shot on Beem and Silvia working so closely with them still has me worried about the final results of the painting if the theories about finishing a painting activating Beem's bloodline ability prove to be true (especially mine regarding the ability doing some soul snatching on those closest to the painting, other than Beem.) It would give us our conflict for the arc if they had to contend with both Beem and the painting, and make for a rather interesting twist since usually the script would be to change the minds of Beem's parents.

Has Iruma-chi been consistently painting his nails black lately, a la evil Iruma, or is this recent? It definitely fits with his impish yet unquestionably in charge attitude this chapter.

Dex-chan lover
Has Iruma-chi been consistently painting his nails black lately, a la evil Iruma, or is this recent? It definitely fits with his impish yet unquestionably in charge attitude this chapter.
He has since the Music Festival when his nails were chipping on the piano keys.

Double-page supporter
Agares' cloud is also as scared as its owner.

It is possible that Iruma is immune to Beem's painting due to his human nature.

What painting do you think Beem would have painted for the haunted house.

I also think that Marine and Beem would transfer from arts fighters to magic tools fighters.

And hypothetically speaking, if Marnie were to join the girls' gossip, how would her younger brother Garson Vine react ?

Dex-chan lover
I'm definitely curious about where this arc goes cus it feels so positive but I think Beem doesnt actually understand how dangerous their paintings are yet

Maybe this will be the slap that will wake Beem up but Iruma will try to do something in order to salvage the situation and make it even better

Its been a while since he's used any demon powers so might as well make this another growth on different aspects that allows him to be a greater demon and a better human

Loving Silvia more with each panel she shows up in~ 💛

I get that Iruma & co. are super busy, but??? Kirio deadass divulged Baal’s entire scheme to Iruma & Azz—have neither of them thought to discuss that issue with Sullivan or literally ANYONE ELSE?

Users who are viewing this thread