Mairimashita! Iruma-kun - Ch. 338 - A Muddy Stream Aflame

Dex-chan lover
Am I wrong or does this line of thinking not fit the demon world. As far as we know its just a 2d panted image with no magic right?
The fact that Kalego of all people is saying all of this indicates it's definitely more that a simple 2D painted image. My guess is that Beem unintentionally activates some sort of bloodline ability when using their tail (which happened during the finishing touches of the painting.) The Painting is harmless until Beem puts on those finishing touches (hence why Beem covered Silvia's eyes immediately after finishing and told her to bring the teachers.)

Dex-chan lover
You make one psychic active perception-altering painting, and people just... go crazy, saying that you shouldn't paint, that your art is dangerous and you shouldn't show them to a public of impressionable teenagers.

Such lack of consideration.
Technically it was two, now three

Dex-chan lover
I agree with JackofSpades261 here. This development was really predictable - given that Beem did this once already, it was obvious it'll happen twice, and the fact they didn't give it enough thought is weird.
I mean, Iruma probably just assumed it was an overreaction because he isn't thinking about the possibility of magic comin into play since he still tends to forget this is the Demon World and not the human one, Silvia is tunneling because she is a fan of Beem's work and Vine just wanted to help her friend, so it's fair that all three underestimated the reality of the situation. They all just got caught up in the momentum of things.

Dex-chan lover
I think this development was super predictable but it will be interesting to figure out how they fix the situation. Do they figure out why the paintings become cursed and then do a new painting together with much less curse magic? Do they fix this painting somehow? Do they find a workaround to not trigger the effect? If the painting is alive could they perhaps convince it to not be so scary based on some quirk of it's backstory or perhaps only approach it in groups since the other painting seemed to trigger when you were alone or something like that?
I mean that the thing, the predicament of the painting actually being a problem is intentionally predictable, it's the solution that requires some guesswork

Banned
i feel like the solution here is that they have to make a copy of the original, which lessens the madness inducing effect, considering sylvia was fine after seeing a copy of the painting as a child.
Lol, just throw it through the photocopier over and over until the quality has degraded to the point it's safe to look at

Dex-chan lover
probably silvy's @&%&%/ uncle is going to appear and try to mess them up, even Beem knew her master piece was dangerous af

Dex-chan lover
What is wrong with this stupid bitch?
"Students are literally gonna die"
"b-b-but its a masterpiece!! 😭😭"

Dex-chan lover
The fact that Kalego is saying all of that AND admits that the piece is a masterpiece, combined with Beem shielding Silvia's eyes definitely shows that there is more to it than the painting just being scary looking.
the original Palome painting wasn't "scary" for us readers either, but instilled "terror" into the hearts of a demon.

I'm not beating around the bush, just saying that the common sense in Makai is slightly different from the surface world (and very comical for us readers)

Dex-chan lover
the original Palome painting wasn't "scary" for us readers either, but instilled "terror" into the hearts of a demon.

I'm not beating around the bush, just saying that the common sense in Makai is slightly different from the surface world (and very comical for us readers)
I think I know what's that painting of. It's

barney_animated.jpg

Dex-chan lover
I think I know what's that painting of. It's

barney_animated.jpg
I mean wouldn't this qualify as the most terrifying looking thing ever for a demon? I do remember watching Monster Inc as a kid.

Dex-chan lover
I know the teachers have their reasons. But damn them for making Sylvia cry.

Dex-chan lover
Iruma is oddly intent on possibly traumatizing many students. Even demons could go insane looking at it, and he wants to make a haunted house with it? He might have more demon traits than we thought.
I won't surprise, sometimes human is scarier than demon in several aspects.

Dex-chan lover
What if the painting is just an extremely human like portrait that demons cant possibly understand, but then Iruma sees it and it has no power over him.

Dex-chan lover

Don't forget that reproductions don't affect the viewer, at least not as much, meaning there's a good chance the original painting is imbued with bloodline magic

Dex-chan lover
Don't forget that reproductions don't affect the viewer, at least not as much, meaning there's a good chance the original painting is imbued with bloodline magic
yeah, but "reproductions?" We have only some accounts of beem-sensei, i'm not sure if it was ever confirmed if they published a picture on the Mona Lisa, I mean Palome he painted.

Apparently since then, noone has ever seen any of his paintings. Very few records and accounts exist of people seeing them.

We have Kalego-kun in the booth with us, please describe your experience of Beem-sensei's painting in 3 words or less:

Flowers, Rainbows. Yuck

Kalego-kun has left us for the restroom. Stay tuned folks, more rainbow colored puke soon 2 come!

Dex-chan lover
Am I wrong or does this line of thinking not fit the demon world. As far as we know its just a 2d panted image with no magic right?
Tail painting at the end; Bloodline magic. We've also seen paintings in fields of flowers that didn't cause feelings of disarray, either, so I don't think it's going to be, "oh, it fits human aesthetic, but not demon aesthetic". It probably fits Iruma aesthetic though, and he doesn't see anything wrong with it, lol.

Users who are viewing this thread