Mairimashita! Iruma-kun - Ch. 351 - To New Lands

Dex-chan lover
so instead of recognizing all iruma has done till now that benefited the demon world like exposing a terrorist organization, ot saving student lives from a terrorist organization during the last battler party that resulted in the creation of the tricky prize, or saving a bunch of lives at disney world, or in the most recent case preventing a fucking war with bachiko's family literally like a month ago. sure let's ignore everything he's done till recently and make him create a brand new country instead just to achieve only rank 6. my boy better get at least rank 7.5 for this bullshit.

Dex-chan lover
"Make a country" but seems to be babysitting, seems like he was forced to pump out heirs fast...

Dex-chan lover
Need approval from the 13 crowns to rank 6 and up. Makes sense. They have the biggest influences on the Nethetworld, so they should be the ones that decide who ranks up.
this right here is one of the dumbest rules. the school is owned and run by the highest ranking member of the 13 crowns, the right hand of the missing demon king, sullivan. so on that basis alone this whole charade is meaningless and is only being brought up now as an excuse to not give iruma his rank up.

Dex-chan lover
Now I wonder what great service was done by Kalego and Balam to achieve 8?
seeing as capturing a wanted criminal was enough for amari to reach rank 6, i doubt it was anything major. but then again there is an ongoing war somewhere in the demon world so it could easily involve them participating in one. or it could be something extremely mundane like having taught and helped at least 30 students graduate school at rank 5.

And some people actually were claiming that Demon Ranking only had to do with status :ROFLMAO:. Doing something that benefits the Demon World as a whole requires action, and taking action that'll succeed requires at least both power and influence. Looking forward to seeing Iruma display he actually has what it takes to move up the ranks.

Also it makes it interesting that every demon rank 6 or higher who took this test did something to benefit the demon world as a whole. Although I wouldn't be surprise if most of their achievements were done on the battlefield to display their power.

Dex-chan lover
I like that none of this explain why he's taking care of baby and toddlers.
Gotta raise loyal subjects, better start when they are young.

LMAO at some guy demanding his money back and teacher (i always forget her name, lol) just confusingly going "Money?"

Also, guess, Silvia really got new hairstyle, and it wasn't just an ink stain. Not that i complain.

Dex-chan lover
And some people actually were claiming that Demon Ranking only had to do with status :ROFLMAO:. Doing something that benefits the Demon World as a whole requires action, and taking action that'll succeed requires at least both power and influence. Looking forward to seeing Iruma display he actually has what it takes to move up the ranks.

Also it makes it interesting that every demon rank 6 or higher who took this test did something to benefit the demon world as a whole. Although I wouldn't be surprise if most of their achievements were done on the battlefield to display their power.
founding a country doesn't require power but it does require influence and charisma. maintaining a country's peace on the other hand does require power but it doesn't have to be the king's power, it could be borrowed power or the power of the citizens and soldiers. so once again, it is purely status based as of currently.

founding a country doesn't require power but it does require influence and charisma. maintaining a country's peace on the other hand does require power but it doesn't have to be the king's power, it could be borrowed power or the power of the citizens and soldiers. so once again, it is purely status based as of currently.
Nah, establishing a country does require power, even moreso if someone also intends to rule as king. No way you're gonna get others to fall in line and/or even agree to let you rule over if you don't have power, especially in a might makes right world like the Netherworld. Also if it's borrowed power, then you're not really king since the one who bestowed the power on you is the one really pulling the strings. Which actually would be a good way to describe Iruma if he doesn't actually get stronger.

Dex-chan lover
Kings have harems, right?

Pls I want all girls to win Iruma cup.

Double-page supporter
I don't think it will be actually Iruma becoming king of a new country, but Mephisto testing him, as one of the 13 crowns he probably knows that Iruma is one of the candidates to become the next Demon King, so he is making his test to rank up something special. I think next chapter we will get a turn around and see the connection between Iruma babysitting and "founding a new country", my guess is that Mephisto asked him what he needed first and Iruma's response was people, and next Mephisto asks him how he will get people, and so on. My guess is the children are orphans and Iruma's idea is to create a haven for demons without homes, and that not only achieves his goal with Mephisto but builds up his reputation, even if he doesn't exactly create a new country.
I think it would just fit the impossible task given to Iruma here and also work for character progress relating to Iruma's life in the human world as an exploited child, which we haven't touched since... the Harvest festival arc? it has been a while and this could be an opportunity to develop and connect both things, but right now it's just my crazy theory.

Dex-chan lover
holy shit is mephisto testing whether Iruma is a worthy candidate to become the new lord

Dex-chan lover
Silvia remains as adorable as ever here.

And of course there's fine print, no way they'd let it be that easy to just rank up through school events or there would be way more higher ranked staff. Hell, if he got to 6 he'd probably be the same rank or just barely under some of the teachers in the school.

This also explains a little bit as to why we had that whole little beach adventure, to introduce Mephisto into the story so he'd play a role here in king Iruma's founding... That being said, isn't it bad for a student to literally miss a month of schooling at the minimum? Even if it is for a rank up?
if it without any excuse yes its bad. but since this is to rank up. and we all know how important rank is to people on demon world. he can miss school for year for all the school care.

Dex-chan lover
Nah, establishing a country does require power, even moreso if someone also intends to rule as king. No way you're gonna get others to fall in line and/or even agree to let you rule over if you don't have power, especially in a might makes right world like the Netherworld. Also if it's borrowed power, then you're not really king since the one who bestowed the power on you is the one really pulling the strings. Which actually would be a good way to describe Iruma if he doesn't actually get stronger.
have you no knowledge of history? lots of countries were founded by wealthy people who had no physical power at all or just random dudes who said they heard the voice of god tell them to castrate their son. and as for the common folk, well they're willing to follow just about anyone who's willing to lead them. most people are sheep and have 0 motivation to do anything for themselves but will gladly bend over backwards to lick the ground of anyone willing to lead them even if that person doesn't have the ability to protect them. power is only ever a factor in the creation of a new country during a coup or secession from an already existing country.

Dex-chan lover
So this is the arc that prepares Iruma for the throne. Neat! FUTURE DEMON KING, BABY(LYS)!

Users who are viewing this thread