Mairimashita! Iruma-kun - Ch. 352 - Something I Want

Supporter
Damn! He really made his first setllers his best friends. I guess no need to wonder if they would move in! They already did before the city was founded! :dogkek:

Also mad respect to not have the bell unused until later on and just have it solve things magiclly. Let's just hope that this exam passes well and he does not fail or his new country ends in ruins!

Dex-chan lover
I think this series embodies perfectly being bisexual. I mean, you can root for any character, no matter their gender, if they're with Iruma, lol.

That's one of its charms, for sure.

Dex-chan lover
Yes, you get a point that calling it magic was pointless and even wrong. The fact that it's magic or not is not relevant to my point.

Now, if the bell is part of a decision-making test, I still can't buy that it allows for any wish as long as it's motivated with a strong desire. That sounds too much like a plot mechanism just to get the proper setup without having to justify it.
Yes. In any other manga, this bell would be used at the climax of the arc. That is the backdrop to the context of subverting said trope by using it immediately. It's normally a plot device to be used later, but since the plot device is instantly used up, it betrays the expectations of the audience that has been built up from previous work.

It's bullshit because it is bullshit, and it's a popular trope that is used a lot in other shonen.

Dex-chan lover
Oh no! He picked the least helpful people to build a country who will plot device be helpful through games and religion (obviously worship the next king Iruma)
Quite the opposite actually, they're two of his most useful companions for building a country. Clara resolves the fact that there aren't many resources in the area for building more permanent homes and structures, and Asmodeus is quite the master of organizational skills (which is equally important for organizing a country/settlement,) on top of his flames which can be useful for a number of things.) Sure there are friends who could do a lot of what they do better, like Agares and Ameri, but Clara are the two that would be most cooperative with Iruma's ideas (Agares being how he is and Ameri because she'd want to push Iruma to do as much as he can alone.) The one caveat to bringing in Clara and Asmodeus is that he might rely on them too much and fail to shine because of it, which is not good for an exam like this, so I imagine Mephisto might reprimand him or something part way through 🤔.

I was hoping to see Iruma showing it's worth working solo but well... I guess connections are a form of power, right?

Dex-chan lover
Lol the bell red herring got me

Happy to have Alice and Clara here. I'm excited to have an adventure with just the classic trio (even if I like most of the misfit class)

Double-page supporter
Yes. In any other manga, this bell would be used at the climax of the arc. That is the backdrop to the context of subverting said trope by using it immediately. It's normally a plot device to be used later, but since the plot device is instantly used up, it betrays the expectations of the audience that has been built up from previous work.

It's bullshit because it is bullshit, and it's a popular trope that is used a lot in other shonen.
I didn't see that trope so much. I think I talked out of ignorance.

Contributor
Quite the opposite actually, they're two of his most useful companions for building a country. Clara resolves the fact that there aren't many resources in the area for building more permanent homes and structures, and Asmodeus is quite the master of organizational skills (which is equally important for organizing a country/settlement,) on top of his flames which can be useful for a number of things.) Sure there are friends who could do a lot of what they do better, like Agares and Ameri, but Clara are the two that would be most cooperative with Iruma's ideas (Agares being how he is and Ameri because she'd want to push Iruma to do as much as he can alone.) The one caveat to bringing in Clara and Asmodeus is that he might rely on them too much and fail to shine because of it, which is not good for an exam like this, so I imagine Mephisto might reprimand him or something part way through 🤔.
It really depends on if the leadership skills he showed in the battra party can be applied at a less personal mass scale. Cause Mephisto's the one ultimately grading him on his contribution.

Dex-chan lover
I still feel like the way his best pals join the arc is contrived. Very convenient one-wish bell brought up without explanation. And that kinda defeats the point of the challenge for Iruma, since Asmodeu and Clara will also have a merit in the success of that challenge.
The arc sure sounds interesting, but the plot could have avoided that blunder.
I don't think you understand that it does reflect well on Iruma. Mephisto knows Iruma is a candidate for DK, and this is testing his leadership. And a strong leader knows when they're out of their league and need help.

Users who are viewing this thread