Mairimashita! Iruma-kun - Ch. 358 - Kingmaker

Dex-chan lover
I think Mephisto will in time come to support Iruma. Probably now, but maybe at a later chapter

Delkita was the perfect king.

Iruma has a different aura that makes others follow him, but without being so overbearing. I think Mephisto will like that very much in the end

Dex-chan lover
So basically, Mephisto is going to make the same offer to Iruma near the end of the arc (once Iruma succeeds) and Iruma's going to give the same answer as Delkira, that he'll make his own path.

I can see that going one of two ways, either Mephisto becomes an actual enemy, not wanting another Delkira on the throne OR he'll be impressed, understand that his role isn't as needed anymore and continue to support Iruma in a different way or just watching to see what happens.

Dex-chan lover
So what I find interesting is the last Demon King handled by Mephisto was considered 'Kind'
Further, his last lord wanted to do it all over again, and was a member of the Many-Eared race
Im wondering if Iruma's kindness is what interested him in the first place, or if the two of them have very different definitions of 'Kindness', but also, if this is all a sort of penance to the fall in stature of the Many-Eared race, as Mehpisto likely turned his back to his responsibilities while he wallowed, feeling like his purpose was gone.

Dex-chan lover
I think that Iruma will help Mephisto grow past his role as Kingmaker. He is an amazing demon who believes his whole meaning of existence is to mould and guide kings.

Just like Iruma will help the many-eared demons see past their stereotype he will help Mephisto grow.

I'm sorry...

A Mephisto chapter that tells his backstory AND his motivations for Iruma?

and more story about how much of a badass Delkira was?! I feel spoiled.

Also those two demons introduced in the backstory, they look like (by my guess) Sabnock's and Azz's Ancestors
I agree with one being Sabnock's ancestor. His flag had lightning and a black sword. Sabnock's family lineage magic is weapon creation with return to origins turning them black. And Baal who is (adopted?) brother of Sabnock's father wields lightning. Alvro's lineage likely split off into two main clans, the weapon clan and the lightning clan.

But for the woman, I think rather than Azz, she seems more likely to be the Leviathan's family ancestor.

Dex-chan lover
Mephisto at the end: Did I remember to bring last night's homework? I don't want to get called on again.

Seriously, this was a nice, rich chapter with a lot of good details and revelations.

If Mephisto is fine with a "weak" race attaining power and ascending to being King, then he should be fine with a weak human taking tat same position.

Dex-chan lover
So imma call it, Iruma will reject his offer, but will counter it with how he can help him in a different way, opposed to the last one which just offered him a job. Iruma is good at figuring out how to appreciate demons in a way they never felt before, and Meph will be awe struck at this, but like in the same way he's dealing with magic class right now <3

Users who are viewing this thread