Mairimashita! Iruma-kun - Ch. 363 - To the Future We Found

Dex-chan lover
A lot of people "would never do X" out of principle until a comically large bag with a dollar sign on it is brought into the equation.
To be fair the "principle" in this case is that the many ears as a group can only survive by relying on their ears.
Being shown that there exists another option that may be more lucrative and that's also stable is a good reason to rethink your stance.

Dex-chan lover
Feels rather dissatisfying to me. Sure as a whole, the Many Eared Tribe has managed to secure a great and financial future. However, it requires that most of the clan become farmers to help achieve this. But what about the individual goals of some of the many Eared Tribe, for example, what if some don't want to be farmers, but something else. If I remember right, there were some who wanted to be florists, scholars, and/or even a police officer. If the Many Eared Tribe potential and capabilities don't exceed beyond that of what they're used to and/or farm work, nothing really changed as they're still reliant on other demons, although they can now at least afford to be choosy about their security due to their finances.

Honestly, I hope that this goes further and shows that with the newfound profits that the they've achieved, the Many Eared Tribe could then focus on training more than their hearing and actually develop their magical talent and/or physical abilities, and thus as a whole grow greater and thus their many members could actually pursue more opportunities for their future. If that's the case, then that would be amazing.

Dex-chan lover
This arc could've been a huge development for Iruma and how the world functions and if he wants to become their king, he would need to learn about the various groups and how they function and work with each other. Instead Iruma had to learn nothing, the moment a problem arose, an instant solution appeared and everything was great.

Dex-chan lover
Seems like Iruma's going to be getting that rank up pretty easily, unless somehow the tester doesn't consider this as "making a king" despite giving them a clear shot towards independence.

Because even if they enter a contract with Asmodeus' family for the carrots, it'll be one that they basically control thanks to having the product that's in demand. Once more people have the carrots, especially at the restaurant, they'll be set.

Dex-chan lover
Feels rather dissatisfying to me. Sure as a whole, the Many Eared Tribe has managed to secure a great and financial future. However, it requires that most of the clan become farmers to help achieve this. But what about the individual goals of some of the many Eared Tribe, for example, what if some don't want to be farmers, but something else. If I remember right, there were some who wanted to be florists, scholars, and/or even a police officer. If the Many Eared Tribe potential and capabilities don't exceed beyond that of what they're used to and/or farm work, nothing really changed as they're still reliant on other demons, although they can now at least afford to be choosy about their security due to their finances.

Honestly, I hope that this goes further and shows that with the newfound profits that the they've achieved, the Many Eared Tribe could then focus on training more than their hearing and actually develop their magical talent and/or physical abilities, and thus as a whole grow greater and thus their many members could actually pursue more opportunities for their future. If that's the case, then that would be amazing.
You need to think about what needs to go into a farming culture. Carrots are just plants so you have florists but also there is a need to grow other crops lest you end up with a potato famine, you need to pass on how to make the carrots or research other crops so you have your need for scholars, you need to guard the fields and that's your need for law enforcement. After all right now they depicted as a kind of nomadic tribe and agriculture turns a nomadic tribe into cities or towns.

Dex-chan lover
So the many-ears are trading one small niche for another. Not the big W I expected. Kids with less mana than others will take the place of the black ears.

Has Iruma's obsession with high-class restaurants ever been hinted at before? That seems like a strange character twist to come out of nowhere

You need to think about what needs to go into a farming culture. Carrots are just plants so you have florists but also there is a need to grow other crops lest you end up with a potato famine, you need to pass on how to make the carrots or research other crops so you have your need for scholars, you need to guard the fields and that's your need for law enforcement. After all right now they depicted as a kind of nomadic tribe and agriculture turns a nomadic tribe into cities or towns.
It's still just trading one market for another, and continuing to limit their paths.
I could see an argument being made that by having the money at their disposal that will open up new avenues.
This latter part of this arc feels shallow. I hope Mephisto's prediction comes true for some actual trials and tribulations for Iruma.

Dex-chan lover
Kinda disappointed by how the story goes. This worked only because of a deus ex machina. Like nobody ever thought about trying these carrots or nobody noticed how these carrots are good even though they travel everywhere.

This give a far too simple answer to the many ears' problem.

Which was : Should you do what you are good for or should you pursue your dream ?

I was hoping they found another solution but for the moment it's still the same thing : do what you are good for, it just shifted from "hearing" to "carrot".

I suppose I misunderstood the many ears' problem. Maybe it was just : "Are the many ears only good for one thing ?".

In this case, the carrot can serve to show that the many ears can be useful for other things than hearing which will help other to search and pursue other subjects where they are good for.

Group Leader
I wonder if the Asmodeus gonna have full monopoly or just one of many customers.

Even though they're the only supplier, they're still not invulnerable from getting exploited. We know that's what happened before even though they have super hearing.
A monopoly would pretty Much just cause the same problems they’re facing right now. They’d be living under the protection of a stronger demon. They gotta diversify their business partners so they can negotiate better deals

Also, my guess is the next few chapters will be about them learning to fight well enough to protect the farm since they’ll actually have something they care about. With nova leading the efforts obviously
So the many-ears are trading one small niche for another. Not the big W I expected. Kids with less mana than others will take the place of the black ears.
There’s no way the story will just go, and the many eared never used their super hearing again. Iruma and nova will find a way to support the farm and settlement with it. If this becomes a major town where people go to buy carrots, then they can open up businesses there that do the work the many ears were already doing

Dex-chan lover
The elder certainly came around quick I was almost thinking he would shoot down this plan and nothing more than a fad.

Dex-chan lover
I mean sure, if that's what was establish for the demon farming culture and/or that was Iruma's and the others plan. But it wasn't. At most, Iruma and the others figure a plan to use the carrots and sell them for a profit. They made no mention of cultivating other crops and since they haven't said anything about having other crops at their disposal, it sounds like the carrots are their main source, so definitely not much of a florist potential. Also considering the Many Eared Tribes reaction to the carrots, it doesn't take much effort to grow them, only magic. So passing on knowledge on the carrots isn't gonna be enough to warrant being a scholar, especially one that wants to write a book. Lastly, since they entered a partnership with Azmodeus' family, they already have ample protection from one of the most powerful demon clans. Any further protection can be earned with money.

Speaking of which, they don't even make a mention about what makes the carrots special (beyond it's taste) and whether the Many Eared Tribes are the only ones who can grow them. If they are, then sure their fine, but if not, then they have to make sure they're careful that no one else gets the seeds, otherwise they lose their advantage. Especially if we're talking about someone who can replicate things like someone like Clara.

Users who are viewing this thread