Mairimashita! Iruma-kun - Vol. 15 Ch. 129 - Let's Get It

Dex-chan lover
@BlueSpiderLily
True, I forgot the announcement. Still feel it's a dick move. And Clara's team can fuck off. They not only stole points, which would be fine since like you said it was the first day, but they literally made Iruma's team waste a day.

Dex-chan lover
@cor3zone you guys keep forgetting that the only reason Iruma convinced them to get the Royal One in the first place was by promising that it'd be fun. Following their desires was the first and foremost motivator that far surpasses keeping their classroom.

Dex-chan lover
@tblst
...that's not a point in their favor? If following their desires leads to them fucking eachother over, then they are awful people. Which would make me right, no?

Keep in mind they're all supposed to reach rank 4 before the 2nd year, not in this single event (I think most of the class is still rank 1 so that would be straight impossible lol)

Dex-chan lover
@cor3zone they're not people, and even among demons they're a bunch of misfits. I don't know where and how you'd gotten the notion that these implings are righteous. Perhaps the manga will instill upon them some sense of decency in the future, but it's certainly not in their nature to be law-abiding, logical, or good.

Dex-chan lover
@tblst
Being demons and "misfits" doesn't make them not-people. Given that the main character, the perspective we view most of the events from, is human, I'm justified in judging them from a human perspective. I never said they should be decent, or that it's in their nature. I merely said they are awful people, which is true.

Dex-chan lover
Yes, believe it or not, these are demons. You may be surprised because they do things like follow rules, but they are demons.

Dex-chan lover
@KingOf7s
Huh. That's right. Which makes any conflict between classmates a bad fucking idea. Even if everyone (well, mostly everyone) already passed, having more points means a greater chance of ranking up. At least I assume so. Even if a rank 1 classmate already passed, going after their points means a lesser chance of them ranking up twice. Which might mean they don't reach rank 4 in time, which screws over oneself.

@QueenNoob
https://www.reddit.com/r/DemonSchoolIrumakun/comments/gvnn2r/mairuma_faq_anime_release_date_missing_chapters/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x
Here, point 6

Dex-chan lover
@cor3zone Certainly, you can see it from that perspective, but the whole point of these antics from is to wring a good laugh out of comical depictions of violence and deception in a world where such acts are normalized and even glorified. The misfits are awful "people", but they have the makings of splendid demons. If you question the morality of fictional characters too seriously and criticize demons for being demons, I'm afraid you're not going to find most of the series fun or funny.

Dex-chan lover
@tblst
This might be a comedy manga, but it's quite comfortably dealing with some heavy fucking subjects. Just a few chapters ago we saw a glimpse of Iruma's trauma, which was not funny. Seeing as Iruma is even aiming to become Demon King, become the one standard the entire demon world is judged by, I'd say judging demons by his human way is pretty damn accurate. It's the way the demon world will (probably) be in a while. You are saying that I can't criticize characters in the manga because it's meant to be "funny". Essentially saying that the only value in this manga is the comedy, which I strongly disagree with. Seeing as we have entirely different views, I won't continue further. No reason to devolve into a spiteful argument here in the comments. 😉

Dex-chan lover
@cor3zone I think the cues are pretty clear which parts of the series are meant to be comedic and which parts aren't. You may also want to point out that the teachers literally tortured their students during training, but the number of points going down that rabbit hole would be endless. But you do you, mate. Make yourself a splendid day.

Current Misfits Ranks
Agares 2
Azz 4
Allocer 3
Jazz 3
Elizabetta 1
Clara 3
Caim 2
Gaap 2
Kerori 2
Lied 2
Sabro 2