Mairimashita! Iruma-kun - Vol. 21 Ch. 185 - The Evidol Games

How dare you said my IRUMI ugly?!
He is the cutest okay!
But the yuri route kinda calling me dang it

Dex-chan lover
Ain't gonna lie, Lied turned out pretty cute. (Pun intended).

BOOM BITCHES!

Fed-Kun's army
Imagining Irumas last line in Deep Manly voice makes it 50 times better

Aggregator gang
@Hitspark
2. Iruma just got pissed off at being called ugly, so apparently he has some level of confidence in his looks. BUT knowing Iruma he's upset that his friend's dream got insulted.

Pretty sure it is the later, but can't deny having the former as the reason is hilarious.

@bejad007
Irumi is ugly?!!

then explain my boner!!
You have bad taste

Not saying Irumi is ugo, just stating a probable explanation

@BlueMageBrilly
I'll admit I was also in the camp of not quite being ready or super interested in this arc
I have yet to see the author fail to bring us an interesting arc, so I look forward for anything he(?) brings until either the series end or he makes failed arc (which judging by the many shounen before this, is inevitable. But i have hope Mairimashita never gets boring).

@Cypher27
Nowdays Iruma does have pride in his crossdressing skills. I really like to see how his character development shines on the strangest ways. It went from "I don't want to draw attention" and "I don't want to crossdress" to "Let's win this evildol competition and show that I'm the cutest girl".
I don't think it's because he genuinely wants to look like a girl, but rather the competitiveness that she... fuck, he cultivated within him manifested in a "won't admit defeat until he tries" attitude, which is very admirable. Throw in the fact that failure means that the dreams of her...fuck, his friend would be crushed and he'd sacrifice anything of himself (barring his own friends) for a chance of victory.

@Tamerlane
I want to see her harem mind broken by traps and NTR'd right before her eyes.
Asanagi: Allow me to introduce myself
I genuinely hope Asanagi picks this for atleast his Gareki series

@Dangmeee07 and people who make similar quotes
I bet Iruma never called an Ugly infront of his face that's why he get fired up hahahah.
As funny as it is, I don't really believe Iruma is highly motivated by GYARI(I) calling him fugly, but rather because Gyaru wants to crush his friend's dreams. And Iruma regards his friends VERY highly, in fact they are his happiness and dreams. Thus to crush his friends dreams and inevitably hurt them, is to crush Iruma's dream and hurt him. Which is probably why he takes this very personally.

I'm not saying you can't make jokes about Iruma wanting to win because he got called fugly, just remember this may not be the actual reason (unless the author flips the bird on me and says this is the actual reason)

@GraniteNinja
She's talking a lot of shit for someone in crusading distance.

@fakeirish
Is it bad if you can see where a series is going?
Not at all, It's all about execution, not twists and subversion. A series that follows all the tropes can still be good as long as it understand the purposes of every trope and uses them accordingly to make a cohesive and satisfying story, likewise a series that only subverts every trope it uses but fails to make them meaningful and fails to create a satisfying and cohesive plot *coughSequelTrilogycough* will only ruin the experience for everyone.

@Eunieberry
My inner fujoshi switch: SO THEN....Azz-Azz and Irumi ship can still sail....
Canonically? No, that would devalue the relationship Iruma and Ameri/li built up and any romantic relationship Iruma would build after the switch (assuming he follows the rules of monogamy) by destroying the audience's trust on investing in a relationship.

Fanonically? Why the fuck not? I want everyone in Iruma's class (including tsundere sensei) to suddenly turn female and Iruma starts a harem.

@Hitomi_Higurashi
Also Ameri's reaction to Iruma's crossdressing in the earlier chapters threw me off the trail and made me think that the manga would go for a more conservative approach
Funnily enough, I considered how Opera's gender remains ambiguous and Poro being a flamboyant (and possibly gay homosexual) man convinced me that the series leans more on the liberal (or is it lefty) side.

(and personally, I found really weird. With all the stuff you have going on in the demon world, you think that crossdressing makes someone a pervert?)
Can't a gal think men (and probably women) cross dressing to be perverted? Must she think like a deviant all the time? Sorry if i sound mean

@Wolfie_Fenri
...I actually had forgotten this manga exist.
How could you forget one of the greatest shounen of it's time? (strictly comparing this to other shounen that are currently running alongside this that doesn't rhyme with Juan Pierce, and I'm willing to argue for it)

@lastKANAshimi
Tbh thats how I see this going, with the story really liking to blur the line between the masculine and the feminine.
Opera comes to mind, and he/she/it/xer drives me insane (because I badly wanted Opera to be female)

@ccpparrot
Also, author is throwing huge hints of a possible Iruma X Asmodeus in this one
What hint? "Gender doesn't matter to demons"? You saying that just by this quote, you think the author will throw Ameli under the bus (that he set up 5 chapters ago) and then installs asmodeus (and nobody else) as his love interest. You think this would be the canonical and logical route to take just from one quote that affirms it's okay to be ghei? really?

Don't get me wrong, you can have your ships. Just remember to keep it Fannon.

@Frostisss
Yea the logic seems to checks out. If Gyari's blood magic is to affect the emotions of females and Kerori being the most emotionally frigid hence immunity, it would make Gyari interested in kerori because she's the only one she can't have (and people really want things they don't have.)

Also lied-chan is pretty...
More than he has any right to be, really that mischivious smile at page 6 is incredibly adorable. Their practice really paid off.

@Intruvious
Shit man, you came in swinging.

@annfran
Never thought he'd be insulted from being called ugly. Kinda funny.
Think of it this way, Iruma crossdressing could be seen as his connection to Kareri. (it can be speculated that) She put in a lot of effort to make Iruma (and Lied) as pretty as possible. Suddenly this bitch ass skank came in, told Kareri to give up her dreams because Kareri is better off being her bitch, the dream Kareri worked so hard to achieve, putting every blood, sweat and tears she had to be proud off, AND she had the audacity to call Irumi whom Kareri put a lot of effort to pull of fugly? AW HEEEEELLLLL NAAAAAAWWWWW, that bitch ain't getting away with it, nuh uh. She's going sooooo far down, she'd pop right back out in the CCP's headquarters.

CKN

Dex-chan lover
These kinds of chapters always opens a can of worms in the comment sections, but for logic’s sake and to temper the flares, this is a shounen and so far I haven't encountered a shounen magazine that actually wants to dig deeper into these types of relationships. This isn't just about the magazine though as Japanese culture is also very different to these types of topics as well so do not expect much.

Dex-chan lover
@Hitspark

It's kinda weird that only- fucking ONLY the western fanbase of yuri and yaoi are this fucking extreme. Maybe it has to do with the fact they never shut up about genders, or the copious amounts of movements in that department, like the lgbt or whatever they call themselves. The first thing they do when they encounter a mainstream anime or manga is get genuinely fucking delusional and ship the closest male or female characters for no other reason like that 'hey think their cute together'. And then after that they defend their stance with everything they have.

They will fucking stand on that pile of smoking shit they call a fortress and defend it with their lives viscously hissing and scratching on people who stand against them, well until the anime/manga ends with them quickly soon after threatening to either kill the author or end their own lives for not getting the 'rightful' ship together. They are painful to look at in all honesty, their even kind of sad when you think about it, I mean, to get that emotionally invested in an anime/manga to get other people to kill themselves for not seeing it the same way they do kinda shows that they've turned into some pretty sad and pathetic creatures.

Users who are viewing this thread