Mairimashita! Iruma-kun - Vol. 21 Ch. 185 - The Evidol Games

I expected Iruma to react the way he did after Gyari called Irumi ugly.
We've already seen Iruma get fired up like this, after Bachiko called him an idiot.

Dex-chan lover
huh- I don't have much words. I sure would like to discuss the hot topic of this chapter but I really don't have much to add. it's a nice resolute conclusion to "what their vendetta is", ice princess is a little overplayed in the harvest festival (it felt a little forced) but the antagonistists of this arc fit well with the ambitious and overbearing setting of the demon world (this arc is a good opportunity for our main antagonists to show up, only in consideration that it's now where near the climatic scene. it is very abrupt so it's reasonable that there is another cause of anxiety or urgency for iruma to face. as his response to her provocation is getting fired up than a sense of crisis.)

Fed-Kun's army
Ok,i love her...this was probably the best way to introduce the arc antagonist.

Irumu:
Screen_Shot_2020-10-05_at_11.51.58_AM.jpg

Did the artist just get new assistants or something? The art has improved a lot over the run but those crowd scenes with all crisp lines felt a few notches up from anything the manga's done before in terms of detail.

idk y y'all talk about the gender issue but what about the fact that Meru-chan basically backstabbed the group and switched sides?!

Supporter
@Hitspark Upholding centuries-old bigotry doesn't make you some kind of freedom fighter. It's not "bending the knee" to accept that all people deserve rights, not just ones who live the way you want them to.

@Echonic It is a source of perpetual disappointment to me that some people see actively fighting to deny legal rights (i.e. marriage) to others as somehow no worse than saying mean words online.

Dex-chan lover
@Swagner I always find it funny how the people who say these kinds of things act like there's some inherent morality to their statements, while ironically only believing in morals being subject to individual experience until it disagrees with them. You don't have rights and you don't deserve them (innately). You were born in a society that allows you to do the things you prefer doing, but those rights are not a universal fact. You call it bigotry and act like it's the worst thing ever only because you were born into a society that likes to claim it being that way. If you were born into a completely different society with completely opposed values you'd obviously say the exact opposite. So please don't stand on a soapbox and try to act like you're fighting some great injustice to me, you're not. You're arguing for your worldview, the same as them.

You as a human are free to do what you want, but I don't get into arguments based on moral principles. I call it as I see it and as far as I have seen, the west has no idea how to handle the topic of homosexuality without devolving into mud slinging, people seem unable to handle the idea that someone on this big ball of supposedly fluid morals and individual experiences could possibly have one that doesn't align with theirs. It's like the concept of agreeing to disagree and basic civility simply vanished with nothing to replace it but overzealous, self-righteous people throwing temper tantrums at each other thinking that if you somehow manage to yell louder than the others then they'll simply be converted like magic.

I'm not having it, don't take your arguments to me because I genuinely do not care nor do I subscribe to your moral foundation as you do. It is always bending the knee when you yield to a mob, the west is a terrible place and unable to handle this topic decently and that's all there is to it. Have a nice day.

Edit: Making my comment less stabby.

Supporter
@Hitspark It always cracks me up when people cry about "soapboxes" in a comment several times the length of the one being responded to, and whining about "self righteousness" and "yelling louder" only makes the irony that much sweeter. Quit imagining that you're "civil" when screaming that "you don't have rights" (while, also ironically, crying about "the mob", in spite of the fact that gay marriage is not recognized throughout most of the world, as evidenced by your need to hate "the west" specifically). The fact that you have no moral foundation is the only halfway-correct thing you've said; thus, I am blocking you, as I have no interest in further entertaining your irrational persecution complex.

Dex-chan lover
Ah yes, the "I can't think of a legitimate way to counter your statements so my only choice is to strawman, mock and block you" an internet classic. Nevertheless, have a nice day sir.

Edit: Wow that was a ride.

Nishi says "gay rights" and internet homophobes immediately fill the mangadex comment section with garbage... idk why i expect anything else but we're all here reading a manga about acceptance and kindness so go ahead and try being kind and accepting to your fellow human beings. Also, this isnt a call for a homophobe to start a debate: no one's missing your opinion in a comment section, we get enough of that BS in the real world. The iruma comments are usually so chill, wtf yall? Its a bad look when the Literal Demons act nicer and cooler than you

After Gyari scolded Irumi for singing and flirting with Kuromu
I wish Irumi dared her to join Devimuse in effort to get even with Kuromu.
If she did then she'd be able to sing and flirt with Kuromu without making her retire.
Gyari is the selfish prince(ss) in this situation, "whose desire for love is only satisfied by [Kuromu or perhaps Irumi later?]: Am I satisfied with that? One sided affection is too dull."
@Radiocrab, I agree. I love reading the comment sections, but these poop posts.
They make my worry as the whole arc is concerned.
They make me understand why some view this arc pessimistically.

Dex-chan lover
Well shit they did it again they blew away all my expectations its awsome how i always fall for it im like oh she cant stand not being number one or that they got slighted average motives..............nope i was way off the mark and i love it because its done well.
i never get tired of this manga.

Users who are viewing this thread