Mairimashita! Iruma-kun

Ah that's good plot development, great story, good villains with twisted motivations, and everything's coming together. I wonder how Amelia and her family are going to play into all this since they're meant to protect humans that get to the underworld

Oh no. This is going to lead to some very interesting things, and maybe Sullivan's plan for Iruma will finally be partially revealed.

Dex-chan lover
@Benoniy
At this point in the history of "Mairimashita Iruma Kun" starting over at chapter 1 can only be for practice.

It would for better practice pick a unreleased chapter do your thing to it. DO NOT RELEASE IT!!! Wait for a known translation group release and, then compare your results. If you get anywhere near 90% same content. Join a translation group. All the groups are either begging for donation or another member to help. All groups are looking for new members especially in the language part.

Become part of a group rather than a distraction. Better for you all around. (less flames in your direction).

Dex-chan lover
"I'm a grammar nazi", he says, then puts "a humans desire"... and a lot more atrocities against the grammatical rules. If you're gonna throw shade on the translation groups, make sure your own work is proper, then.

Dex-chan lover
@Cwavs Thanks for reading the chapter, I could not be bothered going back to ch.1 outside of that what I said is true. Translation groups are badly in need of help. I don't have what it takes (no skill) if you have what it takes then seriously consider giving support.

So going back to #1 and re-wording is no better than snipping. To give an idea why I would be pissed off (better than pissed on BTW). Can be traced back to a series call R402. I followed the series til I dropped it. The reason for dropping was the translator because very foul mouth and everything was in a UK/AU slang and not proper English. The original translator stopped in the middle and the new idiot took over. The original translator went so far as to delete all his stuff. Guess did not want to get dirty by association.

Things to clear up:
1. "Mairimashita Iruma Kun" if you have been following has had some colorful posting from competing groups. Friction causes heat, causes fire. No need to burn the place down.
2. Very few authors use curse words to convey a message. And only where expected. When in the case of R402, every bubble has them. It's a sad translator doing it.

@Voyager
"I'm a grammar nazi"
At least that better then a SJW. IMHO, all guns to bear on the SJW.

@doppler ty for the advice. The only reason I actually even did this edit of such an early chapter is because the early chapters of Iruma are very difficult to read. I used several sources to create this version including as @Cwavs said, wicked house tl's version and even the anime. I only speak English so I can't really translate anything. Do you think I should just not upload anymore and keep my version to myself?

Dex-chan lover
@Benoniy
What you do with a re-write is up to you. May I suggest not posting would be a very good decision. I am not a English major, prob less than a minor. I really hated English in school. (who doesn't)

Yes, you are quite right, subtle English grammar errors are frustrating. Unless you are going to re-read this many times. "Is it worth the effort to re-write ?" Solo Leveling is the only series I have read more than three times. Followed Kitsune Spirit twice. Kitsune Spirit is the sleeper of the two. IMHO Watch out for the "Fox-Fire"

Edit rather than a new message: Misfit scans has released new chapters they are start at #1. Personally I would start at the chapter below where they start and work backwards to 1. This could work out for them. But then I know there are many new chapters not translated yet. The smart move would be to dedicate resources to catch-up to current then work on earlier. A translation group with many new chapters under their belt re-releasing is different than a snipper. Nothing wrong with what they are doing, I would do something different.

Aggregator gang
Chapter 143: Easily my favorite chapter. Amelie was way too cute this time around! <3

Dex-chan lover
@Dioss
I believe their first encounter already gave her enough clues to prove his human identity. She went as far as to defend Iruma from the suspicion of his father in a way which implied to him that she knew Iruma was a human, but also that she accepts him as one of their own. Because of her penchant for shoujo manga tropes, she pretty much regard humans as similar creatures to demons, albeit with some cultural difference. But the raws hasn't developed their relationship very far, since we're going directly into the music festival

Fed-Kun's army
Unusually this manga's start is way weaker than the latter chapters. You tend to have great premises and early arcs but lose steam in the later chapters because there story loses its inspiration.

It definitely feels like by the
park arc
the author figured out what he wanted the characters and story to be like. There are definitely great moments in the early part but it's filled with weak characters. But later on those same characters get filled with far more personality and stories.

Users who are viewing this thread