Majo to Kishi wa Iki nokoru - Vol. 2 Ch. 13 - In Order to Earn Forgiveness

Dex-chan lover
I had forgotten that the drug gave them bunny ears.

I don't want to sound ungrateful, but I really think you should take some more attention to proofreading. English isn't my first language, and because of that, I developed the habit of "interpreting" based on the context of the material so I can connect the dots, but the... "rhythm" of the conversation felt strange.

Certain sentences didn't connect very well, and I think you should consider what names you use to describe each group, "frontiermen" felt a little janky.

I say all that understanding that Japanese is a REALLY difficult language to translate, and I don't read or speak anything of it, just want to give some feedback, but I am still very glad you sacrifice your time to give the community this, thank you very much.

Dex-chan lover
It has to do with how each sentence is written. They don't flow well at all, and that makes it more difficult to read and follow things. Like someone else said, proofreading helps.

Some of them also don't make sense, like on the last page "it's the sea that my ancestors worked hard to make!!" what does that even mean? Was he talking about the ship? Was it about his ancestors protecting the sea?

Dex-chan lover
It has to do with how each sentence is written. They don't flow well at all, and that makes it more difficult to read and follow things. Like someone else said, proofreading helps.

Some of them also don't make sense, like on the last page "it's the sea that my ancestors worked hard to make!!" what does that even mean? Was he talking about the ship? Was it about his ancestors protecting the sea?
No apparently his ancestors actually made the sea themselves artificially :pepehmm: . It mentions this in an earlier chapter but very offhandedly.

Dex-chan lover
Do you have trouble speaking English, Japanese, or both? Because this is actually pretty bad. I have to question whether the bits that seem coherent are even right at all.

I don't want to sound ungrateful, but I really think you should take some more attention to proofreading. English isn't my first language, and because of that, I developed the habit of "interpreting" based on the context of the material so I can connect the dots, but the... "rhythm" of the conversation felt strange.

Certain sentences didn't connect very well, and I think you should consider what names you use to describe each group, "frontiermen" felt a little janky.

I say all that understanding that Japanese is a REALLY difficult language to translate, and I don't read or speak anything of it, just want to give some feedback, but I am still very glad you sacrifice your time to give the community this, thank you very much.
It's not nearly that hard, and the work smacks of someone who speaks neither Japanese, nor English. This is probably MTL, or someone really incompetent...

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
So i really am struggling to follow the story about whats going on. The way the english is translated sounds like TL doesn't actually speak either language and is just using google translate or something.

Also the dichotomy between MC and the witch girl is getting aggravating. Hes trying his best to defend his people and his home, sure they had a bad misunderstanding, and we're supposed to have gotten past that at this point. But "bullying" the soldiers? Is she really serious here? Every time shes on screen and interacting it feels like the entire plot just stops so that she can lecture MC. Even when hes doing something completely innocent like with the shock bugs. Maybe its just the bad translation but its really not helping me warm up to her character past "hue hue hue big booba"

Dex-chan lover
Do you have trouble speaking English, Japanese, or both? Because this is actually pretty bad. I have to question whether the bits that seem coherent are even right at all.

It's not nearly that hard, and the work smacks of someone who speaks neither Japanese, nor English. This is probably MTL, or someone really incompetent...
So i really am struggling to follow the story about whats going on. The way the english is translated sounds like TL doesn't actually speak either language and is just using google translate or something.

The TL has been stating since start that yes its MTL and yes english is their 2nd language, they have also asked for any input by DM countless of times and that they only do this so a group/real translator picks it up. You can just read the notes he left on the last page of all the other chapters. Its not that hard of a request that you read some sentences right ;) ?

Dex-chan lover
The TL has been stating since start that yes its MTL and yes english is their 2nd language, they have also asked for any input by DM countless of times and that they only do this so a group/real translator picks it up. You can just read the notes he left on the last page of all the other chapters. Its not that hard of a request that you read some sentences right ;) ?
You act like we're required to check every single comments section for every chapter of every manga we read. If thats the case then they shouldn't be the one translating or shouldn't release until they find a halfway decent editor. Maybe instead of slobbering on TLs cock in the comments you could offer your services since you're defending them so hard

Dex-chan lover
i foegot who that farmer person is, but that guy have a dragon/lizard eye pupil

Dex-chan lover
what? so all the plan was to weaken the nobles?
Not surprising actually.

People are numbers for most "nobles", they are a metric of power and influence, with this "curse" going around affecting crops and production, someone is being hit financially.

How the "weakening" factors is another thing, this "culling" could be two scenarios, as far as I can say at least... someone is taking advantage of the chaos to weaken a rival, or the bigger administrators of those regions decided that it was easier if everyone was dead than to try and rebuild, probably because of already existing political strife.

Dex-chan lover
You act like we're required to check every single comments section for every chapter of every manga we read. If thats the case then they shouldn't be the one translating or shouldn't release until they find a halfway decent editor. Maybe instead of slobbering on TLs cock in the comments you could offer your services since you're defending them so hard
Did i say comment section? Nope i did not. I wasnt even defending the TL, just stating some facts. You really dont read things do you?

What a childish defensive stance. Did i hit the mark so much that I offended you? Didnt think you were that sensitive, sorry.

Fed-Kun's army
Feedback is always welcome. My translations are not MTL. English is a second language, and my Japanese is far from perfect, so I'm sure there's plenty of mistakes.

I agree that the flow gets weird, and I have trouble smoothing the sentences when they start talking about abstract, deep or ambiguous subjects. This chapter is especially rough since it was quite heavy with exposition, and I started it more than a month ago, but life happened so I finished it today. I wanted to get it out as soon as possible but I probably should have taken more time editing it.

The bunny ears were always there. The vial had arsenic, poison for the suicide. Seems like there are hybrids in this world (some of the villagers show up here, and other races show up later).

"Frontiermen" was the best I could come up with. 開拓団 would be "reclamation/development/pioneering group" but so far none of those words exactly match with what we know about the town. There's lots of these ambiguous words. Another one is 王都, which is "royal/imperial capital". I chose "imperial" a few chapters ago but based on upcoming chapters I think it's just a small kingdom rather than an empire.
He mentions in a previous chapter that this is "a human-made sea his ancestors carved": 「そう ここは俺の家系が数世代かけて地面を削った人工の海なんだ」. I honestly have no idea what he means, I'm translating literally. There's plenty of these confusing sentences too, like when they talk about the curse. I'm waiting to see if it's explained later.
Also the dichotomy between MC and the witch girl is getting aggravating. Hes trying his best to defend his people and his home, sure they had a bad misunderstanding, and we're supposed to have gotten past that at this point. But "bullying" the soldiers? Is she really serious here? Every time shes on screen and interacting it feels like the entire plot just stops so that she can lecture MC. Even when hes doing something completely innocent like with the shock bugs. Maybe its just the bad translation but its really not helping me warm up to her character past "hue hue hue big booba"
She lived in absolute isolation in the forest until someone came, electrocuted her and kidnap her. So I think it's natural for her to be socially inept and traumatized, so much so that even the kids feel mature by her side. Though I agree that pausing every time affects the pacing.

Double-page supporter
Thanks for the chapter, I'm glad this is continuing.
So Setia and Mr Knight will be having a meal together later, that sounds nice. I like their interaction and her slowly being introduced to more of civilization.

Users who are viewing this thread