Majo to Kishi wa Iki nokoru - Vol. 2 Ch. 13 - In Order to Earn Forgiveness

Dex-chan lover
The TL has been stating since start that yes its MTL and yes english is their 2nd language, they have also asked for any input by DM countless of times and that they only do this so a group/real translator picks it up. You can just read the notes he left on the last page of all the other chapters. Its not that hard of a request that you read some sentences right ;) ?
Three different groups have been doing this. The second is the one that said he was using MTL. The third one is doing this himself.
Feedback is always welcome. My translations are not MTL. English is a second language, and my Japanese is far from perfect, so I'm sure there's plenty of mistakes.
I suggest you either listen to people speak English more, or you get an editor. I can understand getting confused with Japanese's heavy use of context and grammatical particles, but even short English sentences are being mangled. Maybe watch some videos and take notes of their wording.
Another one is 王都, which is "royal/imperial capital". I chose "imperial" a few chapters ago but based on upcoming chapters I think it's just a small kingdom rather than an empire.
Fun fact: You can just say "Capital" or "The Capital" and people will just assume it's a kingdom, since these settings have already explicitly included knights and Nobles. It would be confusing if it turns out they were living in a Republic or something.
He mentions in a previous chapter that this is "a human-made sea his ancestors carved": 「そう ここは俺の家系が数世代かけて地面を削った人工の海なんだ」. I honestly have no idea what he means, I'm translating literally. There's plenty of these confusing sentences too, like when they talk about the curse. I'm waiting to see if it's explained later.
He literally means that the sea is artificial, and his family spent generations carving out the ground to make it.

Last edited:
Double-page supporter
I've never done the work myself so I appreciate you taking the time. Thanks for the chapter

Fed-Kun's army
So i really am struggling to follow the story about whats going on. The way the english is translated sounds like TL doesn't actually speak either language and is just using google translate or something.

Also the dichotomy between MC and the witch girl is getting aggravating. Hes trying his best to defend his people and his home, sure they had a bad misunderstanding, and we're supposed to have gotten past that at this point. But "bullying" the soldiers? Is she really serious here? Every time shes on screen and interacting it feels like the entire plot just stops so that she can lecture MC. Even when hes doing something completely innocent like with the shock bugs. Maybe its just the bad translation but its really not helping me warm up to her character past "hue hue hue big booba"
The witch is accurately translated, its the fact that in the OG she spoke in broken Japanese entirely. due to her hermit lifestyle prior, her dialogue are mimicing the the other character whom are speaking fluently which is also brought up in previous chapters. that's why there's a gag where the MC misunderstood her words the same way she misunderstood his, both action and words. She is quite literally `tisTHICC.

Dex-chan lover
The witch is accurately translated, its the fact that in the OG she spoke in broken Japanese entirely. due to her hermit lifestyle prior, her dialogue are mimicing the the other character whom are speaking fluently which is also brought up in previous chapters. that's why there's a gag where the MC misunderstood her words the same way she misunderstood his, both action and words. She is quite literally `tisTHICC.
I can fix her ✊

Dex-chan lover
Do you have trouble speaking English, Japanese, or both? Because this is actually pretty bad. I have to question whether the bits that seem coherent are even right at all.

It's not nearly that hard, and the work smacks of someone who speaks neither Japanese, nor English. This is probably MTL, or someone really incompetent...
Hey! before u complain like a little turd, be glad that there's someone translating this manga as much as he can, because there's no one who will do it... Or even better you do it.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
We are so close to the end... We have at least 3 more chapters i don't really mind the translating as there's a lot of works that never got the chance so i thank the ones doing the work even if it sounds weird i understand how hard it actually is to translate works and for it to make sense in a different language

Dex-chan lover
Hey! before u complain like a little turd, be glad that there's someone translating this manga as much as he can, because there's no one who will do it... Or even better you do it.
Or... I tell him to do better. Like, you know I can't translate every bad work in the world, right? I'm already up to my nuts doing at least four other stories, with one-shots sprinkled in.
We are so close to the end... We have at least 3 more chapters i don't really mind the translating as there's a lot of works that never got the chance so i thank the ones doing the work even if it sounds weird i understand how hard it actually is to translate works and for it to make sense in a different language
It's the easiest thing in the world:
Step 1: Observe the Chicken Scratch. (The hard part)
Step 2: Turn it into The King's English.
Step 3: Check for idiom equivalents and figures of speech.

P.S.: Are you allergic to punctuation, or are you 12?

Dex-chan lover
Or... I tell him to do better. Like, you know I can't translate every bad work in the world, right? I'm already up to my nuts doing at least four other stories, with one-shots sprinkled in.

It's the easiest thing in the world:
Step 1: Observe the Chicken Scratch. (The hard part)
Step 2: Turn it into The King's English.
Step 3: Check for idiom equivalents and figures of speech.

P.S.: Are you allergic to punctuation, or are you 12?
Wow, I didn't knew I was in the presence of a former "grammar n4z1" (and one of the highest rank it seems:unsure:, I thought you guys went extinct); now it makes all the more sense about those stupid complaints (how quaint:giggle:).

If you really care for that... then let me tell you that you are in the wrong place (a much better place for your kind would be with the "Twitter Woke Crybabies Section", maybe in there you would feel at home). Also, the uploader already said he did the "Steps" you mentioned before, or are you that lazy to even read that? (Well, it seems like you only care to be right, so like I said before, go to the place your kind go and cry me a river)

The dude said it himself "I'm not a translator", he just wanted for people to enjoy the chapters, sure it's not perfect but it's better than nothing.

Besides, what the hell are the people complaining about?, the vast majority commit the same sin you accuse others, but they are the first to cast the stone.

You guys are the ones who ignore your own rules when speaking or writing, but since the message is understandable, they let it pass.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Wow, I didn't knew I was in the presence of a former "grammar n4z1" (and one of the highest rank it seems:unsure:, I thought you guys went extinct); now it makes all the more sense about those stupid complaints (how quaint:giggle:).
Eyy lmao. UwU :giggle:;)o_Oo_O:alien::kek::kek::kek::kek::kek:
If you really care for that... then let me tell you that you are in the wrong place (a much better place for your kind would be with the "Twitter Woke Crybabies Section", maybe in there you would feel at home). Also, the uploader already said he did the "Steps" you mentioned before, or are you that lazy to even read that? (Well, it seems like you only care to be right, so like I said before, go to the place your kind go and cry me a river)
I feel like the discussion thread for a chapter is the exact place to discuss the quality of the chapter. Also, do you just throw random words onto the screen in the hopes of making coherent sentences? "Woke Twitter Crybabies Section"? Do you even know what any of that means?
The dude said it himself "I'm not a translator", he just wanted for people to enjoy the chapters, sure it's not perfect but it's better than nothing.
Well he got feedback: "You don't speak either language, and nobody understands what anyone is saying". It's barely any more comprehensible than raw chicken scratch.
Besides, what the hell are the people complaining about?, the vast majority commit the same sin you accuse others, but they are the first to cast the stone.
They're complaining about an incoherent translation. What's your first language? I feel like the real barrier here is that you're speaking a second or third language, and you're having trouble getting your message across.

You guys are the ones who ignore your own rules when speaking or writing, but since the message is understandable, they let it pass.
I'm just the one guy.

Dex-chan lover
Eyy lmao. UwU :giggle:;)o_Oo_O:alien::kek::kek::kek::kek::kek:

I feel like the discussion thread for a chapter is the exact place to discuss the quality of the chapter. Also, do you just throw random words onto the screen in the hopes of making coherent sentences? "Woke Twitter Crybabies Section"? Do you even know what any of that means?

Well he got feedback: "You don't speak either language, and nobody understands what anyone is saying". It's barely any more comprehensible than raw chicken scratch.

They're complaining about an incoherent translation. What's your first language? I feel like the real barrier here is that you're speaking a second or third language, and you're having trouble getting your message across.

I'm just the one guy.
Yep, you said it, "You sure are a special guy 🤤"

Man to be afraid of gramatical errors, that must be so... Painful.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread