Major Milestone Reached!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ive been here since km started using anti-adblock and because of how neat and organised everything look i quickly became a fan and i have a tab open in my window at all times, thanks for all your hard work!

Yesyesyesyes
(Aside from the JoJo reference this is a really good manga site so I'm happy for you guys)

Contributor
Prior to MD, I've always viewed online manga reading as transactional: I read for free, aggregators make a dime from me through ads.

But thanks to MD (and getting involved as a contributor helping out with updating the MAL external lists on manga pages), I realized how horrible that POV was. I did not see the fans who scanlate the titles out of love, or the mangaka who should be getting the income (and more!) that ad-driven aggregators are making.

I've started purchasing legit e-books (and sometimes physical books-- shipping+customs is a beyotch in my country) to support the mangaka, as well as have been more vocal about my appreciation for the scanlators' hard work through the comments section. I know I can do more, but what I have done so far, I owe it to my involvement in MD. :)

Kudos, MD! AMAZING growth with integrity and credibility = <3

Congrats for your hardwork.

Just please upgrade the fitur of Comment/reply.

Sometimes it's hard to check the comments and reply in Manga chapter.

To be honest it is not Friendly U.I (User Interface)

Dex-chan lover
So great, I'm so glad!

I joined on back when MD first started up, finding it via the Batoto forums and then joining into your discord. I was a bit skeptical at first, but enjoyed chatting with the mods and devs about the plans. When the site came online, I instantly jumped aboard and helped throw my manga collection into the pool.

Honestly, I'm so much happier with MD than I ever was with Batoto. Between the open communication, constant growth, and cleaner feel, I love it.

I loved B because I genuinely like to support the content creators of the content i consume. So an ethical way to read manga was great for me. But then, having the whole site be scuttled suddenly... I know he had his reasons, but they just really didn't sit well with me after having been there for years and years... especially not as a fellow web admin in the professional world.

All that to say, mad props to all you guys. It's been a pleasure.

(And people attacking the team? Attacks and insults NEVER equal criticism. You want discourse? Then do it like a grown-up adult. Until then, everything you say are just hollow cries.)

This is a big yay, but at the same time, it will be difficult if it reaches more ears, as it might incite further DDOS attacks. I can only hope that the site gets a peaceful future.

Supporter
Congratul(takes time to post about at least one complaint for MD future improvement)ations!!!!
I don't expect you to remember it, Zephyrus, as I myself can barely recall upon it, but quite some time ago I did send you a PM to express my gratitude to the site. What brought me to do it still continues to this day, I think: the treatment of us users as persons with always the channel open for suggestions and demands, and the fueling of recent actualizations, milestones, projects and even fucking contests. And of course you are a big part of it, Zephyrus, so thank you.

I will say that Batoto was something more of a dream for me, inside which I met some of the most interesting persons I've ever come across, had lengthy and profound conversations, and insanely invested into Tower of God, back when I liked it. But dreams die and reality is what's left, and MangaDex is where I am now. This is not so as to disminish Mangadex's efforts or anything of the likes, not should it as it's my feelings and I cannot control them. But maybe, granted he hasn't died along with the cat, a certain Grumpy may set his eyes upon this unglorious text and I wanted him to know there is still an undying place in myself I keep for Batoto, and if there's the slightest chance someone called God of LoL may come across this too (thank you so much, I was such a brat)...

So this has become two appreciation letters instead of just one.

Group Leader
is it weird that I never heard of ks, batoto and other manga site ?
cause I jump from my local (poorly translated) ad-full manga site straight to mangadex.

Aggregator gang
Congrats
Next milestone should be about the site/image loading speeds..

Staff
Admin
@darara

The reader loads images pretty damn fast for me.

I assume you have selected the image server region closest to you? If you have terrible internet or routing there's not much we can do about that. You can also increase the preload amount so that the rest of the chapter keeps loading in the background. Realistically the only slightly slow page you should get is the first one of a new chapter, with following pages being much faster.

Of course if a group release huge res pages with a large filesize, or unoptimised images then there's a good chance those images will load slower.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread