Major Milestone Reached!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Contributor
Congratulations! Been here since the beginning and it's been amazing to see the constant growth of this site!

As I know that hentai filter can be activate easily (and so the opposite action).
Kissmanga is blocked in my Country, as it has profanity and nudity content.
So you could maybe think how to solve the imminent problem.

The competitor could easily report the site to our law enforcer, and believe me they will block this site.

Yes, you can use VPN or some DNS changer (*ehem* DNSCrypt), but it will add another layer of entry barrier.

I was a kissmanga user and really, I am not that persom that sensitive to ads, while their pop-up ads are unacceptable, the main reason I do not want to access kissmanga again because a simple reason: accessibility.

I wrote that my country love to block lots of sites.
I literally can't access kissmanga from my mobile carrier without using VPN.
And the only sole reason I am using VPN is reading manga... which is rudiculous.

Group Leader
Great job @mangadex staff . Honestly just thinking of the technical hosting logistics from hereon in makes me shudder. So "Add Oil!"/Hang in there team

Miku best girl
Admin
So far they haven't blocked it though, so I guess we have made the H content obscure enough.

is a Reindeer
VIP
@Kevinmul Indonesia had already banned MangaDex for hentai before. There was no hentai filter before. The site got banned within two months. We learned our lesson, implemented the hentai filter and any content that contains explicit nudity was put behind it, as well as moved from MangaDex.com to MangaDex.org. You need an account to access the hentai toggle option as well. We haven't been banned again since then so we aren't really worrying about it too much.

Well deserved!
Congrats.

Also, a special thank you for the insights on the DDoS attacks and traffic information.
Those are really useful as the solo TI guy over here (hardware, software, programming).

Dex-chan lover
Hello! Hello! Now im getting worried that all those criticisms/claims would make u guys makeover the site with the future plan but please dont change the look of the site cs i dont want it to be fancy looking nor make it slow to load all the resources, i personally like this simple looking with functional buttons and links (tbh, i dont ever like how previous batoto's looked like if i could use it as a reference of fancy looking).

And why not just make mangadex an app (sort of) with chrome's add to home screen feature tho dear 3rd party apps users?

Such an elegant site. The first time i opened the main page i just eradicated all off my other manga site accounts. And i am here since then. Seeing something i love getting successful is quite satisfying and i can only imagine how it is firing up you guys.

Been here from day one and I never realised how big you guys were getting. This is awesome, you deserve everything you reached and more

I really appreciate your work and the site. I definitely appreciate specific differences from Batoto which you chose to make, and even more general or ephemeral atmosphere differences: it is cleaner fresher, nimbler, lighter, more sprightly, more responsive, and does not have that stagnant, repressive, judge-y forum-moderator-on-a-power-trip feel that set in during Bato’s final YEARS. It was just one more “no” or “can’t” or “don’t” or “not anymore” for a long long time with them. Please keep the site lively and enjoyable for fans of manga! ❤️💖

I gotta say I am honestly really happy this site came to be, I remember having to go through ad driven sites that were a pain in the hind quarters, this site makes everything so clean and simple, lets me know whats updated and allows me to do all sorts of setting changes to make it even more beneficial for me. keep up the good work yall!

@SGR When I visit KissManga, literally the first screen that pops up says that it's checking my browser for DDoS protection (by CloudFlare).

So it's quite obvious that other manga sites do indeed have a big problem with DDoS, which doesn't surprise me because *every* popular website has issues with DDoS. They just don't talk about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread