Major site update: Group blocking, more external links and upcoming infrastructure upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fed-Kun's army
blocking the group doesn't block the series they're posting from showing up in the genre search... there goes my plan of blocking all groups translating stuff with nsfw covers lol oh well

Dex-chan lover
@kuma Say you drop about 50 manga, you check out the front page, and most of the updates are those - as in it's harder to find new things. Needless to say, the more currently updating manga you drop, the worse.

Supporter
And that cleans up #dropout scans from my Quint harem series. I've nothing against them per se, but seeing as /a/nonymous have been doing a translation since the start I just want to carry on with their interpretation.

Is it possible to block a particular series from a group?

Dex-chan lover
Is replying to comment in some way like old forum, or reddit, or 4chan not gonna be implemented? Like sometimes finding what people are replying to can be pretty hard to do.

Other than that, WE NEED NINODEX!!! This is power abuse!!!

Dex-chan lover
Update: It looks so clean and pretty now! and I only blocked 3 groups lo/

Now I only need a highlight list to put Mysterymeat3 in their own unique row hahaha.... just kidding just kidding..... half kidding

Double-page supporter
Thanks, but I have a question.
If a user can block a group, can the group do the same with a user?
Let me explain better, can the group administrator block a single user?

Dex-chan lover
@kuma Things pop up even if you have them as dropped. Having to introduce target group blocks due to drama, over actual practical features, speaks tons about what the devs have to deal with.
@Ifrittuccia From seeing the releases? No. From seeing that user's comments? Yes.

Fed-Kun's army
@kuma I think he means it floods his frontpage so it's harder to find new mangas that get updated. Well, there's ways to find mangas so I don't particularly feel a need for it.

Dex-chan lover
@Ifrittuccia https://mangadex.org/group/6856/sssss
People whine because they supposedly cannot control themselves and not click on the last chapter, even though there is a warning.
Typical manga community drama.

Double-page supporter
@criver Oh God...
It was better if I didn't ask for it, fortunately they don't translate any manga I follow, otherwise I'd be fighting with them from morning to night.
Some people should revoke the possibility of using the internet, at least until the mental age reaches the age of majority. 😅
Thank you for explaining to me who I am, I am grateful.

Dex-chan lover
@criver I can imagine groups being discouraged when they're working on a series and then someone comes up and takes only the ending, and the risk of the the previous chapters filling up with spoilers thanks to that.
If a series is being working on is a really dick move, but if it is some random manga abandoned a year ago or with not even 1 chapter upload I guess It's Free Real State.

Dex-chan lover
@Serenata There is a rule against spoilers. This is not a good justification for denying having the translation of any chapter.
There are people that want to just see the last chapter, and if they don't like it, be done with the manga.
People getting "discouraged" is on them - they do not own the series by any means.
Are there trolls that possibly do this out of spite? Possibly.
I still think that mangadex is doing the right thing by remaining neutral.

@Ifrittuccia
It wasn't meant to be offensive towards you. But you surely realize that fighting over this is unproductive.
It's just unnecessary drama. If you actually believe a group is trolling, all the more reason to ignore them, instead of doing the exact opposite.
Censoring releases is a slippery slope, which I am very happy was not taken by the admins on here. Distancing themselves from the drama
and remaining neutral is one of the best decisions. This whole thread is in fact them trying to appease users through this feature,
though I believe the actual problem here is of a different kind.

Group Leader
Well I don't really think the SSSS group is a big deal... There's always a big warning on mangadex. Scanlators are doing free work, they aren't entitled to anyone really. But sniping is another issue, obviously.

Power Uploader
I would really appreciate the option to exclude chinese and korean comics and not just filler the wuxia and related tags.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread